1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windvd creator 2

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ctcamel, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ctcamel

ctcamel Member

There is not enough space in the temporary directory. This is the message I get. Where is the temp directory and how can I increase the size of it?

2. matt2804

matt2804 Member

Hi there. I JUST had this very same problem but after searching all the help files I could find, I couldn't find a remedy.

What I did was find my computers "Temporary file" which for me (and probably for you) was located under: My Computer>> IBM Preload (C:) (my hard drive, yours will be called something different) >> Documents and Settings>> Administrator>> Local settings>> and then click on the "temp" file. When inside the temp file, just highlight everything and delete it (any files that are currently being used by the operating system won't be able to be deleted so make sure to, if you incur an error, ignore those files).
    Once you have deleted them, make sure that you empty your recycle bin otherwise there will STILL not be any extra space. The problem occurs when you have less space left on your hard drive than the project is going to take up.

For me, I had 3.5 GB of recycle bin garbage and only 4.2 GB of hard drive space left while my DVD project was 4.5 GB.

I hope this helps and if you need anymore help with this issue, just ask ^^.