1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD Creator - error message

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by thedon78, Oct 24, 2004.

1. thedon78

thedon78 Member

I'm hoping to gain some urgent help from one of the many experts who frequent this site!!!

I have used WinDVD Cretaor for the first time, and found it to be an excellent program for novices like myself, unfortu7natly though, whentaking the final steps (after the movie itself has been created, but prior to burning), I get an unusual error message that gives nothing more than tell me there was a problem!!!, the error is as follow:

[bold] cannot complete burn process due to some error [bold]

I know, a very vague message but I am hoping someone may know what this means.

Thanks in advance.

The Don

2. bbnice

bbnice Member

well I have had an error message come up on mine for the last three weeks and havnt gotten a lick of support from intervideo. IM so mad now IM gonna see if there is another program that does the same thing and cancel intervideo. They suck. ANyways my erro message is "cant initalize aspi manager". Also when I go to burn Im not able to select dvd type or speed and if I skip it and go to start burn it shuts the whole thing down because internet explorer has detected an error. Piece of junk

3. jamessan

jamessan Member

am completely in agreement with you guys, I've had a work pending in my intervideo DVD creator for 2 weeks just a step to burning my 18-hour work and just like you guys encounter a similar error message. I have brought up the issue with Intervideo's customer support and those guys didn't lift a finger to help me. "They do not extend assistance to OEM software holders," despite the praises these guys got from HP after the latter partnered with them for the sale of Pavilion units. While the software had potential, what's the use of the easy editing feature if in never gets to the critical production part? sandorlau in a different thread suggested the Adobe Encore DVD authoring software. Seems worth checking out judgng by the praises he gave the software. Good luck guys

4. bbnice

bbnice Member

not sure about that adobe editor. Is it the same as the intervideo dvd creator. All I need is something to burn my movie clips I have saved. I also already paid for that dvd creator, I wouldnt be happy if I had to purchase something else.

5. jamessan

jamessan Member

I don't know if it can edit a previous project saved under intervideo dvd creator

6. linwood

linwood Member

I`m just wondering if anyone has discovered how to get around this error message.

I`m having the same problem.

7. jamessan

jamessan Member

Intervideo people promised to send me a new/later package, will advise you guys if the error had been addressed by upgrade. Regards to all

8. vlasor

vlasor Guest

What Version of Creator are you running?

9. jamessan

jamessan Member

It's Intervideo (r) WinDVD Creator Version 2
    Version 2.0B014.323C7W
    So far, despite several follow ups, never heard from them again. Sorry guys

10. vlasor

vlasor Guest

I hear your pain....I had a project that was in the making for months....at the time to burn it, it just puked out....for probably 3 weeks I spent most a whole lot of time (ask my wife) to try to figure it out. I would have gone to something else but, would have pretty much had to start over. I was running Windvd Creator Plus. It would basicly puke out during the format stage, BUT, I did also come up with YOUR famous window about must close due to Some error. WHAT ERROR, please tell me. It never did, so I had to do all the experimenting myself. Some things I did that you might try. Are you running Winxp? That is essential. Make sure your RAM is at least 256 or above. Rolled back WMP from 10 to whatever. For some reason, I felt like there might have been a conflict there. Run Check Disc, and Defragg your drive. I downloaded the current Gold trial version from Intervideo website. Thats about it. Hope this may help.

Vlasor

11. jamessan

jamessan Member

Thanks Vlasor, am running win xp, and shld have sufficient RAM (512 DDR). have scanned and defragged as you suggested. I uninstalled and re-installed the Win DVD Creator. It did one (what I would describe) scratchy burn before the error started appearing again, but the audio was skipping like a damaged CD, the transition was rough and abrupt to say the least.

The last thing to try which I was willing to but unable was to rollback the WMP, am presently running version 9 (doesn't appear in add/remove programs or window components (even if I click 'show updates'). Thanks for sharing, hopefully the people at Intervideo can spread some Christmas cheer around to all of us who remain uncontent with the product. Cheers!

12. vlasor

vlasor Guest

Man.....that is a bum deal. Say, for what it is worth I checked my version I downloaded from intervideo.

Windvd Creator Gold 2 2.0B014.377C00

Not sure if them were O's or 0's. Would have to recheck....assumming they were zero's. At any rate, it could be possible this is an upgrade that could have fixed some things. Who knows. Bad news is: It is about a 37-38 meg download. Unfortunately, I have dialup :(. At least I got it to burn. And it turned out real sweet.

Vlasor

13. vlasor

vlasor Guest

Oh, and by the way, you are correct, you cannot uninstall WMP, it is part of WinXP, but I had upgraded and was able to roll back. Again, I don't know for sure if there was something conflicting, I had just read that there might have been some incompatabilities, and I was desperate....

later. Vlasor

14. towell

towell Member

Im sure i seen some one mension an error about 'ASPI'

Go onto the Easy CD creator/Nero (some other website) website and download a new ASPI layer.

I think that might solve all your problems!

Hope this helpts!

15. weiner

weiner Member

Help! I am having the same problems with Intervideo WinDVD creator. It was included with my new computer. I did manage to get one created movie burned to DVD after about 5 tries. The second one I was going to do for a friend, used the same pictures, but changed the text. I can't get past the make movie, as it keeps quitting on me at different places in the movie. Same error that Intervideo has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry...blah..blah....blah. Has anyone come up with a solution yet? I've closed all running programs in the background, deleted the background music and readded it, deleted all the transitions and readded. Still nothing. Any solutions would be most appreciated. Thanks a bunch

16. vlasor

vlasor Guest

What version of Creator are you running. Also, what OS system, processor, hard drive, etc are you using?

17. postma071

postma071 Member

I have been going through all the same problems you guys mentioned, too. A copy of WinDVD Creator Plus came with an LG burner I purchased. I've tried to get help through their so called 'support' on the Intervideo site, but received none at all because of it's so called 'OEM Bundle' status. A simple patch or update would probably solve these problems, but they don't seem to create them for any of their products. What a load of S#IT!!!!! I would love to find a decent solution. As for Intervideo, they can go to hell! I wouldn't buy anything produced by them again thanks to this!
    Here's some advice for anyone interested; Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 is a piece of CRAP too!! Too many negatives to list here. Just another set of $100.00 coasters I've recently purchased. Can any one recommend a decent burning package???

18. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Nero6 is highly recommended. Also please use the tabs at the top of your browser such as Software or Guides to locate quality programs that you can use with extensive guides/instructions on their use.

19. bendlein

bendlein Member

Have to disagree with postma071 I have never used WinDvd Creator but I have got"Roxios Easy Media Creator 7".Its definitely the best software I have used.As a back up I use 1Click Dvd Copy a Canadian package which is highly ranked.

20. weiner

weiner Member

I am a realy rookie, but I think I finally, yes that's finally figured out a way to get around the error message. Yes the program Intervideo WinDVD is good for s_ _ t for creating movies. (I couldn't even get it to play all the way through, after I had all my music and pics in.) After months of frustration and e-mails to HP, here is what I did. I recreated the movie in Windows Movie Maker (this program also came with the pkg on my computer.) It took a little getting used to, but in the end I like the program much better. The BIG downfall is that is doesn't allow you to save it to DVD. So, save your Windows Movie Maker newly created movie to your computer as a video file. Then go back into WinDVD and choose "Create CD/DVD from an existing video file. WOW. went off without a hitch. If you have Windows movie maker on your computer, please give it a try. It's very user friendly after you get used to navigating around. I now have a wonderful DVD for my inlaws anniversary. Hope this helps.