1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD Issues and Windios Media 9

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Insite, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Insite

Insite Guest

Hey fellas. Had a massive computer meltdown this week and have just gotten everything back up. Problem is my WinDVD quit working. I uninstalled / Re-installed, tried other software. NO DVDs will play. WinDVD just sits there in memory and does nothing. The only things that I have changed are: Upgraded to media player 9 and installed avisynth. I have since uninstalled avisynth and still nada. Just wondering if anyone has had issues with Media Player 9.

2. Tech1

Tech1 Member

You will soon find the pain with WMP9. #1 -- it's just as crappy as the other versionsl #2 -- good luck getting it uninstalled. I have heard there's no "uninstall" option, but then again, anything can be uninstalled if you have enough determination. ;)

3. llhockley

llhockley Guest

You can remove WMP in XP from the Add\Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Click Windows Components and de-select WMP9.

But, on the odd occation I seem to remember it still popping up, when you least expect it.

You might want to look to see if you have too many codecs loaded or your codec is corrupt.