1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windvd2 gets stuck after format

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dyingdaze, Dec 11, 2004.

1. dyingdaze

dyingdaze Member

Okay everything works great until after format. I edit the dvd, go to add menu, and start to burn the dvd. It runs through "Making Movie" and shows a check mark in the box. Then it runs through "Format", but the box doesn't get checked and the whole process just stops there. The screen isn't fozen or anything, the burning processs just stops. Does anyone know why this is?

2. vlasor

vlasor Guest

Had the same problem....now what version are you running of creator?

3. dyingdaze

dyingdaze Member

It's version 2. I think it's like platinum or something.

4. vlasor

vlasor Guest

Ok. Well, here is my experience. I was using windvd creator plus, which came with my burner. I had the same problem. It would get through the compiling the stuff for the movie, and the check would come up but would just kinda puke out on the format. Tried to get support from intervideo. They really are not much help. Although I did download the free trial version of Creator Gold 2. But I also in running XP did a disk check, Defragged the drive, rolled back from WMP 10 to the previous version, and uninstalled unnessary programs. It went through fine then. Now I'm not saying that it will work for you, but something in there caused it to work, whether it was the disk checking or uninstalling WMP 10.

5. dyingdaze

dyingdaze Member

thanks alot, I'll try it out.