1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winfast tv 2000 xp - cant capture vhs but live tv works fine

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by sigpop, Nov 13, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo, So far this TV Card works smoothly with the updated driver and PVR Software from the website. Well, your reason of no audio during capture might due to the audio setting in PVR is not set to where your audio cable is connected to (e.g CD or Aux). Turn off the Norton Protection is more of during the installation and will not effect your viewing of TV and copying of video. Well, strange about the codec thing but if you want better MP3 capabilities, you could check out for Radium MP3 in this website.

Finally, if all of the above doesn't work, try removing the PVR and do the drivers update stated in the user manual and install PVR again. On the worst senario, return it for a new piece.....

2. javed13

javed13 Member

ok i changed the recording line and it works until the audio cuts out like its been doing every couple of min. I guess if I can get that fixed it will work. So does anyone know what I can do to prevent the audio from shutting out every couple of minutes?

3. SienaBob

SienaBob Member

I could really use some help too. I'm using a Shuttle XPC and my sound card is onboard. The only two places I have for Line-ins are the CD_IN (which is occupied by the cdrom) and the Line_IN (which is being used by the front ports). If I bought a cable that had two connectors, could I connect both the cdrom and the tuner to the CD_IN? I don't think that it will go in the other since it's bundled together with a bunch of other ports for the Line_IN (I assume that Shuttle did that so it could be used for a mic). Would this work? I tried just unplugging the one connected to the cdrom and the computer did not deal with that well

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo SienaBob, I don't think that you need to connect your CD-rom audio cable nowadays. Use the CD-in for your TV Tuner and the Line-in for the front connection and I believe things should be fine.

5. SienaBob

SienaBob Member

When I did that last, the onboard sound card and cdrom both stopped working. It told me that the drivers were missing. I had to do a system restore. Was that caused by using the installation cd or b/c I unhooked the cdrom? I think that the drivers may have gotten corrupted b/c the tuner didn't install properly. I know that the cdrom cable used to have to be hooked up if you wanted to put an audio cd in a computer and play it...maybe I'm wrong though.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  6. SienaBob

SienaBob Member

I got it working. I just had install with the newest drivers instead of the ones that came with it. I plugged it into the cd_in and got rid of the other cable and it worked fine.

7. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo SienaBob, glad to hear that your problem was resolved, please remember that there are still some settings to enable in the PVR software esp. changing the audio recording settings to "CD-in" or you will not have any audio during recording... Cheers

8. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello, I started to use the FM radio more often now but recently realised that the music will stop after 2 mins or so and have to close application and restart again. Very weird because the TV Tuner is fine.

9. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys, my radio problem fixed. Leadtek support told me to disable Norton Auto Protect on MSN Messenger and it works.

10. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hey guys, have anyone try the S3/hibernate function yet? I changed my Abit NF7-S power management settings to S3 and wakeup by PME# PCI, after scheduling the TV recording, I put PC to Standby mode which is kind of different from before (fans stop and more like hibernate) but when it wakes up for recording, a very loud alarm trigerred and it sounds like coming from my Harddisk. The only way to stop the alarm is to restart the PC again. Can anyone advise me on what did I do wrong?

11. FearTec

FearTec Member

Here we go again, new drivers and software

Downlaod from http://www.leadtek.com.tw/support/download.asp?pronameid=303

Drivers (MMCD 3.6, 5.13.1.3301 - 2004/2/12):
    ftp://ftp.winfast.com.tw/tv_tuner/tv200xp_expert/Driver/040213/ALL_DRV_88X_40212.zip

Software (MMCD 3.6, PVR 3.0.9.40 & FM 1.64 - 2004/2/12):
    ftp://ftp.winfast.com.tw/tv_tuner/WinFast_PVR/application/040212/ALL_WinFastPVR_40212.exe

I will try them out and post results.

12. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yup, I've tried them and they are GREAT! A must have if you want to set PC to hibernate (S3) mode and will wake up to do TV recording and hibernates again after that. Finally everything is alright and fully functioning for me now. Superb MAN!

13. FearTec

FearTec Member

I found a bug in the latest Leadtek TV2000XP Expert software.

I went to install the latest drivers/software and the setup routine asked me to uninstall the older drivers first (OK). I rebooted and started the new drivers/aps setup again (INSTALLED OK). After a reboot to make sure it was settled in ok I went to view the TV (NO TV Channels or CVBS Source).

I tried to re run the wizard but it did not load (even after multiple reboots etc).

After trying everything else I copied the three config files from a backup folder (older drivers) over the newer config drivers (Winfq.cfg, WFPRFL.cfg and Wincdl.cfg).

I am now able to view the TV but the CVBS RCA video input source is is balanced to the right speaker and is very low and muffled from the left speaker.

Mp3's CD and other apps work fine. All audio sources are set OK. The correct line in is setup on my Audigy soundcard. I have pressed MTS and made sure the input was stereo.

I have booted into Win98 and Windows 2000 and the card works fine with the older December drivers on other OS's. I only have muffled sound with the new drivers in Windows XP.

I have 2nd video capture card (a Conexant BT PCI card). It appears as if the new software only talks to the first tv capture card and does not talk to the Leadtek capture card.

I still cant get the sound balance to work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  14. onestop

onestop Regular member

Further testing on the new Leadtek drivers and PVR today after setting PC to hibernate and wake up for recording TV programme afew times during the night and also morning news, as a result all of them turn out to be OK. What I did was just update the 3 old drivers individually and un-install old PVR and install the new version.

The only obvious difference is that there is a X'tra SVCD setting now and I also realised that all my Mpeg settings are in 720 x 576 & 25fps unable to change to 29.97 fps. Secondly, the recorded TV programme will go out of synchonization when I attempt to trim commercials with Ulead DVD Movie Factory, TMPGEnc DVD Author and Mpeg2VCR but the original Mpeg2 was OK.

Anyway, I have wrote to Leadtek support regarding this matter and I'm waiting for their favourable reply.

15. FearTec

FearTec Member

I am also waiting for a reply from Leadtek.

Did you email to support@leadtek.com?

16. onestop

onestop Regular member

No, I didn't email Leadtek but I'll normally use the Inquiry link on the Drivers & Manual page. By the way, you might also want to check whether is your TV Tuner sharing the same IRQ with your other hardware. I was told not to have it sharing with "Networking", "Graphic Card" & "Sound Card". I'll suggest that you check in System, Hardware, Device Manager, View by Type, IRQ to see all of it at 1 go.

By the way FearTec, have you try using the PVR with Divx 5.0? It looks like it should be able to do direct divx encoding but what settings do you put for the Divx 5.0 e.g 1pass. 2pass ...bla...bla ? Honestly I'm still quite blur with the Divx settings

17. mbanx

mbanx Guest

I have also installed these drivers and I do not seem to have any problems at all. I might have an audio problems but I have not fully looked into it yet. Do any of you know how to get AC3 audio using this card? I have been using PCI when capturing using Huffyuv or mpeg layer 2 when capturing straight to Mpeg 2. I have tried to figure this out for a while now but have had no luck any help is appreciated.

18. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello friends,

Leadtek has get back to me and they thank us for helping them in realising the problem and they are working on it now, so don't bother to use the driver : 5.13.1.3301 and PVR : 3.0.9.40 but just look out for their new improve version again ha...ha..ha.

Hey mbanx, you can use InterVideo WinDVR to capture with digital sound but I would rather leave it as stereo if the original source doesn't has digital sound.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.0 claims that they have digital sound too but I have not try it out yet.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  19. mbanx

mbanx Guest

Hey thanks alot any way I have a problem I cant figure out I have audio when I am watching tv or tape but when I capture I have no sound. What have i done wrong?

20. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo mbanx, 1st of all check in the PVR settings 1st folder whether have you tick on the Capture Audio? Secondly, Check whether is your Audio Recording Line set to where you connect your audio cable to e.g CD-in or Aux? Lastly, Is the recording volume set to a enough level to produce sound ?