1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winfast tv 2000 xp - cant capture vhs but live tv works fine

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by sigpop, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Herbv

Herbv Guest

hi guys,
    I am a newbie here and with this software.I recently bought winfast tv2000 xp expert as recomendard by computer shop assistant cause I wanted to convert my vhs to dvd format.But after weeks of trails and errors I still can't get it to work properly.
    I have managed to convert my vhs (2hrs)movie to mpeg 2 in good quality(3.39GB) and they turn out all right.But the problem is when I put them into DVD moviefactory to add chapters it seem to go over 4.7GB.Why is that?
    I managed to cut the movie into 1hr each add chapter and burn them onto DVD.But when played on my DVD player the audio and video are not in sync.Am I doing it all wrong?.Please help..;o)

2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Herbv,

The video/audio out of synchro problem after using a 3rd party software for editing is what I'm writing to Leadtek about. Well, if your expectation is not too high, I would suggest that you set your PVR to CVBS 1st, close it, open Ulead DVD Movie Factory, capture movie, do all the necessary settings like quality, TV format, etc and start recording from there. You will be able to do trimming and editing with Ulead DVD Movie Factory if the video was captured with it and the the DVD will playback fine too. Honestly, I've converted 3 LDs with this method and I'm quite happy with it, although some will say that Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2.5SE only deliver Mpeg1 layer II audio instead of digital (Latest Ulead 3.0 has digital). Just select the Best quality in Ulead and during output, select advance settings, click on create DVD folder instead of burn disc. The created DVD folder will definitely bigger than 4.76GB but don't worry you can compress it with the program call DVD Shrink which is a freeware in afterdawn before burning it into DVD with your recording software like Nero & RecordNow Max etc....

Hey, this is of course not the best way but definitely one of the easiest for Newbie. All the BEST.

3. Herbv

Herbv Guest

Hi onestop,
    1st thanks for yr reply.I'll wait till u get a reply from Leadtek to see what they suggest before I try the dvd shrink and etc.I am abit curious as to how I have captured my vhs.Am I doing them correctly.
    I have captured it on CVBS in my PVR as I can't get any pics on S-video or live tv,(capture format profile)- Mpeg 2 good quality.I have earlier email leadtek and they suggest I can set PVR capture format to burn direct to dvd pal and burn direct from there with not much other info.Has anyone tried that?

4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Herbv,

You are are thinking of the direct burn method, than make sure that you are using a super fast PC or you might just encounter drop frames. Moreover, I believe that is also not what you want because you were doing trimming and editing which was the caused of the video/audio synchronization problem. Yup! CVBS is meant for the RCA cable connection and the S-video is meant for the S-video socket beside. By the way, if you are converting VHS, you might even have some distortion border at the bottom of the screen which you might need to trim off using TMPGEnc Plus by adjusting the screen upwards by 5-10 depending on how thick is your distortion border.

Hey, it is worth checking out the DVD Shrink or DVD2One in the DVD ripping forum here because you might want to backup an X'tra copy of your DVDs too.

5. Herbv

Herbv Guest

thks again onestop.I find this forum is more helpful than writing to leadtek.Yeh,I just wasted a blank dvd trying to burn direct cause of the drop frame..bugger.
    Yeh,u r right, I do want to do editing etc.Have u heard from leadtek about the problem yet?.I'll check up the DVD shrink..thks as i do want to do some dvd backup too.I don't understand what you meant by distortion border.Though I do get jerky video after recording but when I point the mouse to certain area it seem to stop.???

6. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Herbv,

Well, maybe Leadtek at times might not reply with a satisfactory answer but I believe they are trying to work things out too, moreover, they seems to reply much quicker than other more expensive Brands in the market. As for the jerky border, you can forget about it if you don't have it in the 1st place... what a lucky guy.

One new discovery! DVD Shrink could trim videos captured by Leadtek PVR without having synchronization out. Just convert your Mpeg2 file into DVD files with your Ulead, Open DVD files with DVD Shrink, choose re-author, drag main video in and click on the start/stop found on top, finish up with where you want to start and stop. Keep repeating the same steps until your movie project is done and just "backup" than your video will be ready in afew minutes. Burn it into DVD with any of your DVD writing software.

Gee, just have to bear with it till Leadtek comes out with a better solution. Hope that helps.... cheers

7. Herbv

Herbv Guest

Hi onestop,
    Sorry if I sound ignorant but how do I convert my mpeg2 file to DVD file with unlead?...;o(

8. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Herbv, I think I have mentioned earlier on how to use Ulead to convert Mpeg2 into DVD files when you 1st post your problem. Well, I will only do that if the video is captured using Ulead in the 1st place because the "Add video" somehow takes a very long time to convert 1 Mpeg2 into DVD files (approx 1.5hrs). By the way, if you have TMPGEnc DVD Author, it will take less than 1/2 an hour to do so.

9. FearTec

FearTec Member

I have recently converted a 700MB NTSC (29+ fps) DivX avi video to a PAL 4.3GB (25fps) MPEG video with "TMPGEnc" then used "TMPGEnc DVD Author" to create a real DVD Video (with VOB files).

I burnt the files to DVD-R and it plays in my oldest of old TV/DVD players.

10. mbanx

mbanx Guest

I reinstalled my drivers for the Winfast card and I think I have my settings back to normal however I am trying to capture some VHS to MPEG 4 and have some synch problems. I have my master set to audio and dont know what the problem is. I never had this problem before but then I was capping to uncom. AVI or MPEG2. Can capping to this codec be the problem? It is not real bad but after a hour or so it is pretty noticeable.

11. FearTec

FearTec Member

If your audio is 48khz drop (extract) it to 44.1 khz with VirtualDub then all should be fine when rejoining the video and audoi in tmpeg.

12. Herbv

Herbv Guest

Hi onestop,
    I did what u told me by capturing dvd or vhs from dvd moviefactory and they workout fine except for movies that is more then 2hrs long.I tried to put them in dvd shink but it doesn't seem to read the capture file format.why is that?.So at the moment ,I am just burning movies into 2 disc(1hr each) which I am quite happy with but it would be great if I can just burn onto one disc.I am also curious about what the Video studio does as I still can't figure how to use it.
    cheers

13. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Herbv,

The Video Studio is not of much use actually since you are already using the DVD MovieFactory. Remember that when you are doing the output after preview in DVD MovieFactory, select the 'advance settings' option, select 'create DVD folders' instead of 'record to disc'. Now open VIDEO_TS folder in DVDShrink and you should have the recommended compression rate ...bla..bla... If you are not too happy with the high compression rate, you can still re-author the main movie with the re-author tools again. Honestly, DVDShrink is the only software that I used to trim videos that were captured with PVR and result with no video/audio synchron problem.

14. BenRabin

BenRabin Member

Hi friends!
    I'm new here and have a cuestion to the experts as you all are...

Some days ago I bought a WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe, but I still can't make it work properly...

At first I installed all from the CD, but I got "Cannot preview video stream" message when trying to tune TV or video.
    FM and TV audio works fine all the time...

Then I downloaded the new drivers and installed them, and, bingo!, I could watch TV and capture video.
    So I turned my PC off and went to sleep...

But the next morning wnen I turned mi PC on, I got the same message "Cannot preview video stream"...
    So, if I want to capture video, I must uninstall drivers from the device manager and let the xp detect and install them again... It works, but it's really annoing and shouldn't be that way...

No answer from Leadtek yet...

For shure I'm doing something wrong, and may be some of you could help me...

My PC is P4 1.7 on VIA P4 266A 256 RAM.

THanks!

15. Herbv

Herbv Guest

hi onestop or anyone,

Can one capture a NTSC DVD with PVR or DVD MOvie Factory?.I seem to have a problem when I tried to capture it, the pic seem jerky.Is there a way to go round it?

cheers.

16. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Herbv,

Yes you can copy from both NTSC or PAL and the copy video will have to be the same as the original source. Remember to change video settings in 2nd folder to the same as the video that you are copying.

As for Ulead DVD Factory it will be abit more troublesome because you have to 1st change video settings in PVR 1st, close PVR and open DVD Factory, go to capture video, capture settings and select video capture property settings, choose the country region bla...bla... Sometimes you have to switch to TV Tuner function 1st before changing to the country system and than it will remains or it will keep on changing back to default by itself. After all is done, click OK and you should be ready to capture the correct desire TV system that you want. Just in case that the software is still not responding correctly, switch your capture format to AVI and it should be alright by now. Lastly, change back to the capture format that you want and you are ready to roll.....

17. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys, Leadtek has a new PVR application available on their website.

18. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys, after 2 days of 10 schedule recording tests on the latest PVR dated 18/3/04, the hibernate (S3) mode works fine without missing a queue Man!

19. jimlee

jimlee Member

I just recorded a show in MPEG2 format and I noticed that the audio on the recording is a bit out of sync. I made it onto a dvd and the audio track is still lagging. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

20. FearTec

FearTec Member

I am now saving to SVCD format (was using WMV).

The SVCD's use only 30% of my 2Ghz CPU to capture where WMV's used 60%.

SVCD's are larger and better quality but 5 times bigger.

:)