1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winfast tv 2000 xp - cant capture vhs but live tv works fine

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by sigpop, Nov 13, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Jimlee, Please check in your PVR settings whether is the Master Stream set to 'audio' or you can try different settings there which can work for you. By the way, the video copied seldom will be out of synchron but will be lagging after you trim certain part of it using most of the video trimming software. So far my only success is using DVD Shrink to trim or just copy with the given Ulead DVD factory and trimming there will be fine too (lagging even for import video).

2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello guys, I've just started to copy TV programmes in "Windows Media Video" but just wonder what software can I use to trim commercials and merge video?

3. FearTec

FearTec Member

4. Herbv

Herbv Guest

hi guys n onestop,

2 questions.
    1st:At the moment,I am converting my vhs by capturing thru unlead dvd moviefactory.They turned out alright.But when I try to add chapter/menu to them,there seem to be a pause before the next chapter comes on which doesn't make the movie flow smoothly while watching it ,like the Original dvd.Has anyone experience that?Are the chapter/menu meant for only one individual movie?.What do I do if I want to fwd or skip to next scene?

2nd:Are VHS or DVD macrovision protected even if you are capturing it hooking up from another player and not grabbing it straight from yr PC?.Cause I capture a DVD the other day and realise that the sound was very soft even though I adjust them before recording.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2004
  5. onestop

onestop Regular member

Thanks FearTec for your recommendations of Boilsoft software and I managed to get both the splitter and joiner working already.

Yo Herbv, Yes there will be abit of pause in the playback when moving on to the next chapter even with other softwares and that is why, I'll normally minimise using too many chapters or just roll the whole VHS without Menu and Chapters at all.

As for the macrovision protection on both VHS and DVD will definitely affect the recording as long as you are hook up to a recording device but there are 'video stabilizer' available to make such backup possible.

6. Herbv

Herbv Guest

thanks..onestop

7. Herbv

Herbv Guest

Trying to convert a NTSC DVD to another DVD.What do I use in my PVR (capture format profile)DVD NTSC or DIRECTBURN DVD NTSC?.What happens after that?

cheers..

8. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Herbv,

I would prefer Mpeg2 Optimal but just make sure it is in NTSC 720 x 480 and 29.97 fps or you might want to create a new profile. Never use direct burn as you will mostly end up in video/audio synchronization problem. If you are using the latest PVR (posted : 18/03/04), the DVD NTSC option will auto split video capture every 1042MB which means you will end up having afew video files instead of one. Lastly, change 'master stream' to video instead of audio and you capture will synchron well.

9. Herbv

Herbv Guest

Hi ONESTOP,
    Tried your methods but got lost somewhere...;o).Sorry,u make it sound so easy but i seem to get lost with all the unfamiliar names.So my questions was "how can I record a NTSC (american) DVD with my PVR or Ulead DVD MovieFactory?.(anyone out there too..;o) who can help.So far the only thing I have done is converting my VHS to DVD using Ulead DVD MovieFactory.
    Hope you can send me a mail or message here to help me.
    cheers...step by step guide would be great....;o)))

10. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Herbv,

My main concern is whether the video that you have captured sync well ? if yes, I would suggest that you continue to use Ulead DVD MovieFactory to finish up the rest of your work by downloading the user manual from here http://www.asiapac.ulead.com/dmf/documents.htm

If you are having video/audio synchronisation problem, I would suggest that you go into the 1st folder of your PVR configuration to change the 'master stream' from your existing audio to video because the latest WHQL driver and PVR dated 18/03/04 seems to work better that way. Hope that helps...

11. IceBone

IceBone Member

Hi, i'm also new to these forums and i only found them by looking for the problem i have with my tv tuner.

I've had it for about 4 months now and it has served me well, until i thought it would be a good idea to look for other tv tuner software.

I tried fiddling with Ulead Video Studio (that comes bundled with the card), but all i got was a few popping sounds and no picture. So i restarted PVR and it gave me the "Cannot preview video stream" message. I uninstalled the drivers, and the pvr software, reinstalled the ones from the cd, uninstalled them again, installed the new ones i got from the website, but now i don't even get the message anymore, just a blank screen with that pesky red circle. I can hear the audio, i can listen to the radio as well, just no video.

HELP!!! :'(

And to make matters even weireder (i just found this out), i get the picture in channel surf, the thumbnails appear, but when i click them to switch to view mode, i stillg get that blasted circle! The snapshot also works. O_O
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.plankdoo.com/iwd/[/small]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  12. Herbv

Herbv Guest

hi all/onestop
    Just started using winfast pvr to capture Tv programes but I notice that after recording a channel the picture seem jerky after playback but it wasn't when I was watching it.Any advise?..cheers.

13. IceBone

IceBone Member

Update: I managed to get ulead to display it, but the picture is crappier than through pvr.

14. KoKoKid

KoKoKid Member

Sorry for the length of this post...

I'm building a new PC with Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Deluxe.
    My Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Deluxe display is black but it does scan and tune the channels. It has the TV sound but will not pass the sound from the PC.
    I downloaded the latest driver and multimedia application from Leadtek’s website but that didn't help.
    I also downloaded the latest Hyperion 4-in-1 drivers
    I have the same model card working in my PC so I swapped it in but it had the same problem.
    I put an nVidia video card in to see if there was an incompatibility with the on-board graphics but that didn't help.
    The card was in the last PCI slot so I moved it to the first slot to see if that was the problem but it still didn’t work.
    I put the new card in my PC and it worked fine, so it’s not the card.

So my known good card didn't work in the new machine (specs below)
    But the new card worked in my known good old machine.

I hope you can help, I have a friend who wants his new toy soon!

Thanks

System Specifications:
    EPoX EP-8KMM3I (KM400 Chipset)
    · Onboard Video: S3 UniChrome Graphics Core
    · Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC650 6-Channel Codec
    · Onboard LAN: VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8 GHz) with AMD HSF
    Crucial 256 MB PC2100 System Memory, 2 ea. Total 512 MB
    Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Deluxe
    Lite-On 52x CD Burner
    Lite-On DVD-ROM
    Cheap Floppy Drive
    Western Digital 60 GB 7200 Hard Drive
    Pro Source Mid-Tower Case w/350W Power Supply
    Windows XP Pro SP1

15. matt123

matt123 Member

Hi,

I attempted to do a direct DVD Burn using the 2000 XP deluxe. Using my Mini DV cam's Svideo lead I successfully burnt the video, however, there was no sound. I think i have all the cabling and settings correct, but I'm not sure. There was an earlier post on a similar problem; I've read the response to that one but no luck. Any ideas??

Matt

16. biggsmall

biggsmall Member

Hey all, I dont know if this problem has been addressed or not but I have the Winfast TV 2000 XP PVR and when I use the direct burn feature the video lags behind the audio by about 3 seconds. Is there any drivers or updates that correct this or possibly any 3rd party software? I have an athlon XP 2200 with 512 mg ram. To me, it makes no sense to record to hard drive and then spend another hour or so burning to disc just to watch on my tv.

thanks in advance!