1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winfast TV2000 XP Expert audio problems

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mr_nabo, Oct 16, 2004.

1. mr_nabo

mr_nabo Member

Hello all,

I've managed to configure my system to grab VCR video, radio and TV signals with sound in the resulting mpeg or wav. However, I fail to get sound to play 'live' while I watch TV/listen to radio suggesting a software configuration problem.

I've had to use my motherboard's onboard sound (SoundMAX digital audio) in place of my Echo Mia soundcard because the latter has no connections that connect directly to the TV2000 XP capture card. My settings in WinFast PVR are

AUDIO DEVICE: SoundMAX Digital Audio
    AUDIO-OUT CONTROL LINE: Wave (with the option of SW Synth, Front, Rear, Center, Subwoofer, CD Player, Microphone, Aux, Line In, Phone, Mono Out, PC Beep and Wave again)
    AUDIO RECORDING LINE: Aux
    MASTER STREAM: Audio
    RECORD VOLUME: 60

Do I need to change anything within Winfast PVR/Sound Control Panel or is it to do with my hardware?

Any help greatly appreciated

2. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I have the same tv/tuner card and when I record with it I get no sound. U followed the directions but to no avail. I have the audigy 2 soundblaster platinum. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

3. mr_nabo

mr_nabo Member

If you've connected the internal audio cable (that comes out of your TV card) to your soundblaster sound card then you'll need to configure Winfast PVR. First check you've selected 'Soundblaster Audigy' as your AUDIO DEVICE and then make sure your AUDIO RECORDING LINE is selected on either AUX or an option specific to your soundcard - setting options change according to the soundcard type you have.

When installing my TV card I attached the internal audio cable to my mother board at the AUX socket (I believe it was next to the PCI slot where I installed the TV card) and then made sure I set up Winfast PVR correctly.

I read in another thread about setting your soundblaster sound card settings (in the control panel) to a 'what you hear is what you get' setting or something similar. Mess around with the settings first in PVR and then your control panel when you're confident you've selected the right option for PVR.

Hope that helps, write back if not.

4. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I played with the settings and still no audio I am going crazy what else can I be doing wrong? Thanks