1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winfast2000/XP TV TUNER CAPTURE SETTINGS??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xxnonamex, Feb 21, 2005.

1. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I did this once but now I forgot what the capture settings should be for my TV tuner from Leadtest Winfast 2000/XP Thanks alot.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

When Setting you use would depend on many Things Like what format you are captureing to and what you want to do with the captured Files(VCD,SVCD,DVD) and what Software you are useing and a Bunch of other stuff so Please be More specific....

Cheers

3. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I have my VCR hooked up to it and would like to get my home movies saved to my HD then burned onto a DVD using nero.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Not exactly what I was Looking for....

How about this , You tell us what Settings you are Talking about and we will tell you what to set them to??

5. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

capture format profile, capture resolution

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you should be Captureing to Mpeg-2 at 720+480 for NTSC or 720+576 for Pal...

What Bitrate you use would depend on the Length of the Movie, If you get a Bitrate Calculator it will tell you what Bitrate to use Based on the Length of the Movie so that it Fits on a DVD...

Remember if you are Trying to capture Retail VHS tapes you will encounter Macrovision copy Protection Issues.....

7. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

how do I get a bitrate calculator to figure it out? Thanks

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Do a Google search for a Program called "PowerBit" ...It is Freeware and all you do is you Put in the Amount of Minutes that your Movie is and put in the Number of audio streams(1) and the audio Bitrate you want to use (192kbs to 384kbs is good) and then click the "Calculate" button and it will tell you what Video Bitrate you should use so that the Movie fits perfectly on a Single DVD-R...

For a 90 minute Movie useing an audio bitrate of 384kbs the Video Bitrate you should use is 6400kbs...

For a 2 hour Movie you should use a Video Bitrate of 4700kbs...

For a 2.5 hour movie you should use a Video Bitrate of 3675kbs...

If your Movie is Longer than 2 hours I suggest you Change the Resolution to 352+480 NTSC or 352+576 for Pal because the Bitrate starts getting too low to achieve good Quality when captureing at 720+480/576-Pal when the Movie is that long and if you are Trying to Put more than 4 hours on a DVD then you should Drop the Resolution down to 352+240/288-Pal so you can retain the best Possible Quality for tham ammount of Video on a DVD.....

Cheers

9. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

here is the error messages I get in DVD-Lab
    Cause: wrong frequency DVD supports MPEG audio 48 kHz
    File frequency: 44.1 kHz
    You can resample the file with 'Transcode Audio in Tools'
    MPEG Audio-> MPEG Audio 48kHz

Cause: Wrong Frame size
    You can enable non-DVD sizes in properties
    Size: 320X480 FPS:29.97 Aspect 4:3
    What can I do to fix this Thanks. Do I need to redo the videos again? Thanks

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you Have chosen the Wrong Resolution (You didn"t use the Resolutions I told you to use) and you selected the Wrong audio Frequency...

DVD Audio has to be 48000hz and DVD Resolutions have to be either 720+480 or 352+480 or 352+240...

So Yes you will have to re-capture...

11. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I changed the capture to 720X480 NTSC when I click ok and then check the capture settings again it doesn't save my setting it reverts back to 320X480 I have MPEG 2 good quality selected. Actually sorry I just did it I had to rename the profile. But my other question is the Power bit program I can't get into english language I downloaded where it said english but didn't have right language. Also where do I put the 48000hz in? Thanks

12. Minion

Minion Senior member

To get PowerBit to work in English just start the Program and then right click the Window and select "English"....

You would have to select the audio Frequency in the audio Capture settings,Probably The same Place were you select the audio Bitrate and Format....

Cheers

13. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

Minion Thanks it worked my next hurdle is that I edited my video using TMPGenc DVD Author and now I am trying to bring it into the DVD Lab program and it won't allow me to do. Any help Thanks I appreciate everything

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

You shouldn"t use "Tmpgenc DVD author" for editing unless you are going to use to To Make your DVD...

If you want to edit your Captured Files then use a Mpeg editor not a DVD Authoring Program....

15. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I tried using Womble and captmaran but I get srrors after I finish the editing. Is there an 4easier or better editor that you recommend? Thanks

16. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can Try the "Tmpgenc Mpeg editor" or try the "Mpeg tools" editor in Tmpgenc Plus...

What type of error did you get in Womble?? Because Womble has a tool to Fix errors in Mpeg files...