1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winhiip help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Josh ps2, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Josh ps2

Josh ps2 Newbie

Feel like iv tried every thing. Not sure if OK to post. Hoe so it's my first and have been looking for way to get winhiip to recognize my hdd. It's a 400gb need it formatted in 48bit mode. The ps2 accepts it just fine and will format it.. iv moved jumpers removed jumpers. Feel like iv tried it all. Using win 10 had tried 8.1 also. If my ps2 recognizes it why don't the winhiip. Iv followed all I can to try and not ask directly so would really appreciate not be in told look at this forum or that one directly anyway. Just feel stuck.also iv tried different modes of connection. I'm aware of the 12v and 5 v difference and have recently bought a sabrent hdd adapter thinking it would alleviate any fault on connection and power.

2. Josh ps2

Josh ps2 Newbie

So I feel dumb. Simple command like run as admin was the hickup if anyone gets stumped by that simple idea.. .. i had used imgburn to rip iso from/for my entire library of hard copies. I'm using winhiip , and this time (first successful launch after full hdd format in Linux environment done in ntfs)I wasnt able to get the program to format the hdd so i slipoed it in the ps2 and started hdloader. The pc now says recreate somethin ps2 mbr (if I remember right) i hit ok now i got the format and loading saved iso files that I stored on this hdd hoping it was gonna pan out. If anyone wonders the 1tb ext. toshi hdd is in ntfs format with a list of games having no problem actually getting the game name and more technical info to show in the viewing window of winhiip. Going to test a couple games I installed this way. I expect it to go well. (Reason I share this is because, all the stuff I read, all the stuff I missed reading...I never seen anyone state they ripped from disc right to ntfs storage, putting untampered files in a location for later always see older posts bout pulling games from the ps2 hdd to save elsewhere, but wondered maybe they were altered a way the ps2 made them usable opposed to a pc might not working well with the situation.) U gotta test to learn. Obviously I have learning to do. I'll try and be sure to post results even tho it's old equipment these days. Hope I save someone the nightmare I had getting thsee few uncertainty issues holding me back from any big break thru with my project. Leap and die. Look and live.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Josh ps2

Josh ps2 Newbie

Success in accessing the ps2 hdloader ap and loading a selection.
    For the record I stored direct rips on a large hdd in ntfs format to selectvely install any title (iv seen some have compatibility issues research to see if applies to u) with no patch needed as I understand the disc backups may need.. all ps2 software was original American releases used on a American release 50001 v9 if I remember right (it is the uncommon model w I'd sticker on the end where the feet typically would be which are non existant. Due to it is a specific case not optioned in for the upright use intent) I'm assuming the hd laser is a cause for the sudden change in suguested uses like upright operations and them likely deturring consumers of usage environments of the likes.
    I do my best to explain what can due to incomplement and detail lack info all over. If looking for active forum there's not many anywhere people still communicate. Hopefully this will become more active. It's been 5 years since the end of the consoles official releases hit market. It's not gonna be long before people loom to readdrest situation s like this. If your l [oking for servce I am fully ready to take customers on the ps2 softmod setup and a preloaded package. Find how you can contact me direct do not post here please. Also note that any software or freeware I use or apply is completely free and I do not profit from the freeware. My services are install and setup ready for customer to enjoy and not get too confused trying to use new machine settings ( will come with printed selected lit of options and info to explain operation and usage in physical black and white so no need question of the online references being compatible. Guess work is for troubleshooters... needed is a ps2 network adapter memort card and a hdd optional would be usb to load a variety of outlet filled with new lifeatures for the grandfathered consoles age and compatibility restrictions reforming to a new more optional optimal user friendly environment with optional child safety setup for delete proof install as a headache saver.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Should just edit original post & add the extra if no replies are forth coming

You'll find help for ps2 here if you need it &/or ps2 iso's
    http://www.theisozone.com/