1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winhiip Modes

Discussion in 'PS2' started by e3e4520, Jun 19, 2007.

1. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Hi,

Sort of new to the PS2 HDD scene. I've been trying to search for answers to the "compatibility modes" to Winhiip. I know some games requires different combination of modes to work. But..

What exactly are those modes? Mode 1 Mode 2 Mode 3 etc, what setting do those Modes do?

Been searching but can't find the answers..

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. dabundan

dabundan Regular member

here is a site that tells you which game should go with which mode http://www.ps2hd.com/list/ i dont really know what each mode is but you dont really need to know with this site. hope this helps

4. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Thanks for the site! The list is finally up and running again.

Also, if I set the modes on Winhiip (I'm running ToxicOS), do I have to deal with the MDMA/UDMA in the setting menu?

5. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Yes, you have to deal with the MDMA and UDMA settings depending on certain games to get them to work more efficiently and so forth like Tales of the Abyss.

6. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Thanks for the reply...haahaa, funny you should mention Tales of the Abyss. I just finished that game, and indeed there was only one setting that would work (UDMA1 or UDMA0) for me, (ToxicOS). One of the best game I"ve ever played.

Now onto Final Fantasy XII. I guess there is no way to fix that FMV audio skipping problem huh?

I was under the impression only the opening FMV skips but apparently all FMV skips.

7. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Nope, there's no patch for it. I've played that game on the HDD too. The FMVs are practically what they are with the sound delay, little fuzziness and so forth but everything else is fine. And the Japan only exclusive Tales of games are better than the U.S ones =P

8. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Well, guess I'll live with the FMV skipping, if I really wanna see a sequence I'll just reload with an original disk.

I've played quite a number of Tales games, Destiny/Phantasia/Eternia, I even played one of them on an emulator because it was so old. Also played some Japan exclusive ones (don't remember which), but I do have to say, Tales of Abyss comes close to perfection....great story, great character, and even great voice acting. Battle tends to get dull, as you can't pull off crazy combos like before (exluding Mystic Artes). This game is up there with some of my all-time favorite.

9. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Tales of the Abyss would have been great, but I was disappointed how the game carried itself in all aspects. It's no wonder Valkyrie Profile Silmeria and Tales of the Abyss are quite similar in ratings and so forth. Tales of Destiny (remake) is probably the hardest Tales of game to date although my friend hates ToDr compared to the PSX TOD because there's no TP bar. Personally, I feel the CC gauge makes the battle and gameplay much more faster and fun compared to using the standard TP bar where it was basically an MP bar like in any other standard RPG game that used MP.

And yeah, back on topic, I doubt there will really be a patch for FF12 just like KH2:FM+. I don't expect to see a patch for KH2:FM+ until there's a possible U.S. release and much later from that date. Thank God I have a slim PS2 although I despise the overheating issues on it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007