1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winlogon.exe Application Error

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by metalrulz, Mar 30, 2005.

1. metalrulz

metalrulz Guest

I Was installing a trial version of Panda platinum virus protection since McAfee subscription expire, it stop installion and a blue screen
    pops up and my computer restart. Now I can't get windows to work it comes up with a

Winlogon.exe Application Error. The Instr. at "0x00e06430" Ref. Memory at "0x00e06430". The Memory could not be "written".
    Click ok to terminate program.

Than i click ok and get a blue screen that says

d0000144 Unknown Hard Error

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you get into safemode & if so remove panda from add/remove programs & check to see if parts of McAfee is still on your system. run ccleaner from www.cleaner.com to clean the crap out of windows. checkout avg7 free edition from www.grisoft.com

3. metalrulz

metalrulz Guest

i will try that tonight when i get home but i hope i can get in to safemode because i have suse 9.1 linux has my start up and i have to manually pick windows and than it goes to the windows black load screen.

4. metalrulz

metalrulz Guest

ok, i remove panda anti virus in safemode and ran ccleaner to remove the rest of mcaffee. now i can load window but after 5 second computer freezes. i have went into msconfig and uncheck panda startup. what other start up do i need to remove or registry files

5. ddp

do you know how to use regedit??

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

When I have seen hard errors, it usually indicates a hard drive or controller problem. It might have been coincidence that it was doing it while installing software.
    If you can open Control Panel/Administrative Tools and then pick Event Viewer and see if you have any hard drive errors in there. They would have red X's and might say paging error or refer to device IDE0 or similar. If that is the case the problem is more than likely hardware.

7. PCMike

PCMike Member

I just tried to load Panda and got the exact same error. Must be a Panda bug. I've loaded it many many times with no problem. This is a new Compac that comes with a trial version of Norton.

I uninstalled Norton but did not delete the Quarenteened files.

I just went into safe mode and did a system restore and it's back running fine now.

Does anyone have a tech support number for Panda?
    Mike M.

8. ddp

check their website for #

9. PCMike

PCMike Member

OK, I loaded Panda 2004 and it installed and ran fine. Forget 2005, it has a fire wall in it that I don't need anyway.
    Mike M.