1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winmx problems - uploads/downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bestie123, Nov 22, 2004.

1. bestie123

bestie123 Member

Hi have just changed to broadband and no one can now upload from me (times out) any ideas

I have winmx 3.53 On dial up it was ok but now.... zip

My uploads are also bad

2. TwizzleUK

TwizzleUK Member

That's my problem as well. Have used WinMX for years and now broadband has broken it!!!

3. atheinia

atheinia Member

same problem here... anyone know how to fix it?

4. TwizzleUK

TwizzleUK Member

I found a site through Google which showed me new settings step by step and it worked!!!!

Try this: http://vladd44.com/uploads.html

I haven't had a problem with WinMX since :eek:)

5. bm_deluxe

bm_deluxe Guest

I have this problem as well....ill check out this website!

6. pcman1985

pcman1985 Member

I have the same sort of problem but istead of users being unable to upload off me, I am unable to [bold]download[/bold] from other users. When I click on a file to download it turns yellow as usual while it tries to connect but after about a minute ir so the file turns red. i have tried help on that site but it didnt work. Please help me as this is extremely frustrating.

7. veeellbee

veeellbee Guest

I am not very technically minded! However,I have successfully been downloading from Winmx for some time.During the last couple of weeks,I find I cant download CERTAIN titles.I wondered if there was any reason for this? This is my first visit,and I am not even sure I have posted correctly! lol Thanks for any help.

8. Kojak248

Kojak248 Member

I have a similiar problem. I have been using WinMX for quite sometime now. Within the last month, only about 1 in every 40-50 users can download from me. I either get a "connection aborted" or "connection timed out" message. I tried the link listed above, but it didn't help me. I have not changed any settings and have also tried it with my firewall shut off. I have tried Primary and Secondary connections and have even went so far as to delete WinMX and reinstall it. No luck with anything.
    I believe that it might have to do with my ISP, which is, and has always been Cox Cable. Does anyone know if Cox has changed anything? Or if I can do anything to fix this? Any help would definitely be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  9. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya guys,i don't know what everybody else thinks but personally i think winmx is crap i to was using it for ages and started to encounter similiar problems so i got rid of it, i'm now using bearshare and it seems to be dead on..might be worth trying..all the best P

10. sketch187

sketch187 Member

I too have been having the same issue with downloading. Yellow for a while and then red. And i've also noticed that all the usernames are in the same format... <name><number>_<number> all of them the same. Call me crazy but I think that this is a little odd. And all the names are something just off the wall like "sillychick" or "thugdogg." Aresgalaxy.org is the place to be. Downloaded Ares and now I can download again. Thanx Ares ;)

11. redhead84

redhead84 Member

yea, like many of you, have been experiencing problems with winmx in the last few weeks.(songs will have several hundred users and won't connect to a single one of them-bullshit) my friend was saying she has to pay for her winmx, i hope it doesn't come to that, but i just updated mine for free so who knows
    but anyway if anyone figures this out please feel absolutely free to email me
    ryanbelby89@hotmail.com
    make the title of the message:winmx problem
    thanks to anyone who emails me

12. ccchaddd

ccchaddd Member

To Kojak248
    I had exactly the same problem like you. My WinMX abort 99% of my upload connection or timeout. It happened maybe in January. It just happened for no reason. I also have Cox Communication ISP. I went their website and found out some information about excess usage of bandwidth. If they think your bandwidth usage from previous months were too high, they can suspend and limit your outgoing bandwidth. I know someone works at Cox also. He said Cox will email you or send you a letter to notify you this situation, which I never got any of those.
    You should call COX and find out.
    Good luck

13. redhead84

redhead84 Member

holy shit it works now im so effing happy

14. iv_kitten

iv_kitten Member

i'm having the same problems as veeellbee.

there are CERTAIN songs which will NOT download and others that just work fine????

15. djcs

djcs Member

I think the Record Companies have got something to do with this

16. Techrogue

Techrogue Member

Has been around looking for others with the same problems as I experienced with WinMx. From have been working exelently with high speed, sometimes with 100+ kbs. Highest has been a whooping 450 kbs for a short period(yes its true!). One day I could get 120-130 kbs continuosly for 7 straight hours. One day it all stopped, for days I could get perhaps 60 or 70 megs of videofiles. What the he--- had happened?? But saw some folks that changed their portforwarding, so I did the same. Strange? It worked again. Is the problem then with my ISP who by some means suppressed the traffic on the previous ports? Uploads were suffering to but are no up to good speed again. By the way, someone had seen himself when browsing with WinMX, have experienced the same thing. Feels very odd ):0

17. redhead84

redhead84 Member

hey guys people keep emailing me about fixing my winmx problems. it was weird oe time i just tried downloadig an old song and then everything started working better than ever. now i am starting to experience more problems. try to download from less users if your having problems connecting to any users when there are hundreds. this problem is due to people massing fake files

18. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Yeah this is weird. I have done everything and this is all I figured out. I opened the ports and still nothing. Well winmx will download any older songs fine its the new ones it freezes on. Some times it will download the newer songs but most of the time it doesnt.

19. rastwiz

rastwiz Member

WinMx files time out
    I had the same problem. Go to this site & follow the instructions http://www.p2p-revolution.com/ The problem is that the system is loaded with fake files & fake users who will never connect. I clicked whois for these users & they all had 3000 files. Hum-m-m… Search by hash & you'll get the real file.

Here is a way to test this without installing anything - do the search in the corner of this web page for a common file. Copy the Hash (including the word "Hash>" into your WinMX search window. When you get hits, try downloading them. Please help by clicking the "About us" button & follow the directions to hash your files & upload the results. We need this database to be bigger.

20. JadeSnow

JadeSnow Member

If you are like I am and are lacking in the "technical skills" department, but at the same time, miss using WinMX at http://www.vladd44.com/mx/ , there is a quick, easy and free solution it is called MXPIE at http://www.MXPie.com . There is no spyware or anything else bundled with it. For those a little more savvy and courageous, there is even a manual option.

So come on back to WinMX, and download to your hearts content. Thanks to these updates, not even the power of the RIAA can stop a network.

IF you have downloaded WinMX and still cannot connect, you can even get personalized realtime help. Just go to this link WinMX Channels at http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6514 . Copy the Room name appropriate for your Language and paste it into your WinMX chat screen, then press the Join Button. This works on version 3.53 and up even if you are not connected. It allows you to join into chatrooms set up for you to get immediate help.

Everything you need at the MXPIE Website at http://www.MXPie.com . Free and Spyware free.

I have also found a site for solving Computer Problems at http://www.gemini777.net
    that is nice, prompt and VERY helpful. If there is a problem you need an answer to, they can help.

Realtime help available for WinMX 3.53 users having trouble getting connected. Go to WinMx Channels at http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6514 .