1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winmx

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by gremlin69, Aug 21, 2004.

1. gremlin69

gremlin69 Member

i have version 3.53 and i have been tring to connect for a few days now and i can't. what can i do to connect

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

1. dont double post!!!

2. a little more details are needed - is your firewall blocking it? which firewall do you have? etc

manners go a long way

3. gremlin69

gremlin69 Member

i have norton anti virus and i have windows xp

4. dazzdave

dazzdave Guest

I know if when you install winmx and you have your firewall on, it can't properly connect to the winmx network. So if you have any firewall software on. Turn it off, then uninstall winmx and then install it again with the firewall turned OFF. Then hopefully winmx should work. It worked for me.

5. gremlin69

gremlin69 Member

okay i will try it

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

NOOOOOOOOO

never, Never have your firewall turned off to dangerous, you will get hacked and all sorts

gremlin69 - do you mean you use Windows Xp Firewall? you know the one built into the Operating system?

because if you do - you shouldent it is known for blocking all manner of usefull things

http://www.zonelabs.com - they off a free firewall, which is still very good download there free firewall, turn off microsoft xp firewall and install that one then it [bold]Will[/bold] connect :D