1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinMX

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Jay1b, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Jay1b

Jay1b Member

Hi i was wondering if someone could help me pls?

A few months back i checked this board and found out why my torrent and WinMX was downloading so very slowly. I followed the advice in one of the guides and it worked, Torrent began downloading extremely fast and i was gettin about 100+ Kbps from WinMX. I didnt use any P2P for a while (interfers with online games) then when i came back to it a couple of months later my downloads speeds were practically non-existant again. I re-found the thread i used before, went through and checked everything over and all the previously settings i had used were still setup - but i still cant get any decent sort of download speed.

My XP firewall still has the necessary ports setup as does my router, ive tried completely disabling my firewalls as well - nothing works.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

totally disable windows firewall & install a software firewall.

how many seeds are on the torrents you are trying to download?

3. Jay1b

Jay1b Member

I've tried disabling all my firewalls previously but to no effect.

Seeds 2(27) for 1 download i am using TorrentStorm, which i am thinking about changing as it makes my system unstable.

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

the first part about the firewall was general advice, windows firewall is sh*t, it blocks loads of things & slows your internet down - totally crap, get rid.

seeds 2(27) that means their are 27 people with the completed file, but your only connected to 2 of them - that might be why it is slow...

try switching to azureus aswell.

PS. how many peers are their? (people downloading from you)