1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINRAR and ISO questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SOE337, Apr 12, 2007.

1. SOE337

SOE337 Member

So far everything has been working killer for me. Thanks to everyone who gave me a little help when I needed it. The only thing I'm unclear on now is how to convert certain games that I download into ISO format. Some games (final fantasy series) are not iso. They ARE however, psx so I know the emu w/ 3.03 will work. It has so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

if it downloads in .01/.02 or .r1/.r2/.r01/.r02 or some other random file extention, then it is most likely a RAR file, its just a matter of getting your computer to recognize that it is in fact a RAR archive, and not some random piece of 01010101 wasting space...

heres the guide on how to fix this problem...(assuming this is what you mean...):
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/248020

cheers

3. SOE337

SOE337 Member

Thank you Gas! Another question I have is that sometimes when I DL files it gives me an E-Boot file...AFTER I extract and open it with WinRAR. Not sure what to do with that either but I'm consulting the guide right now.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

okay...so you get a eboot.PBP and a keys.BIN? psx im guessing?

5. SOE337

SOE337 Member

correct. I get a folder labeled SLUS01541 and in that folder is the EBOOT.PBP file.

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

okay, put that folder in your game folder, and go to recovery and enable exec boot.bin(no clue what that does, my pops wont work w/o it for some reason...), then run ur game from xmb....

if it doesnt run still, then it may be because you have a custom rco or something....i think it's the opening_plugin.rco that cant be editted for OE-c, but ....we'll sus it out if it comes to that...

7. SOE337

SOE337 Member

ok, what the hell does xmb and pops stand for and will enabling the execboot.bin f up any of my other games in my iso folder? also, why are my iso's showing the sonic record now icon?

getting the hang of this stuff is fun a hell. my girl is about to leave me because i have barely left the computer for 3 days. hahah

f her, thats what sluts, booze and videogames are for.

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

ROFLMAO....LOL

it shouldnt make anything else work differently...

pops(tation) is used to rip ps1 games and put them to your psp...

lol....ya, theres like 10 females for every male on earth, so....i wouldn't sweat her

9. SOE337

SOE337 Member

so basically what you're saying is enable the execboot.bin in recovery mode and copy the Boot.pbp into my psp game folder?

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

right, enable boot.b; but place that whole funny named folder in your GAME folder...that wierd folder name, makes your pops show up in OE-C....this is why some ppl like 3.10 OE-A, is cause you dont have to worry about all of this, just drag drop to game, no need to enable squat...but you lose all customization....pretty much...*

11. SOE337

SOE337 Member

bah, its a small price to pay. we are afterall, a society of convenience. i don't mind alittle extra work. you learn more in the long run. ty broseph.

12. SOE337

SOE337 Member

ok so i extracted the folder to psp/game and it wont finish because an error which tells me theres not enough space on the disk occurs. now I have 270M left on my stick and the game is only 110M's. crap.

13. SOE337

SOE337 Member

cso's wont work in the iso folder? i'm still getting corrupt data. i open w/ winrar and extract it to my psp iso folder and it doesn't work. i've even opened the zip and extracted the iso file to my iso folder as well...still no go. balls.:(