1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinRAR and Isos

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by KTAS, Feb 6, 2008.

1. KTAS

KTAS Member

OK first off let me apologise if someone has answered this already but try as I might I can not find the answer.

Secondly: the question: After seeing some .iso files online I noticed that they are split into rar files. I have a number of .iso files on my hd and was wondering if anyone out there knows hot to split those files into the .r01, .r02, .r03 .......... files that are uploaded to places like Megaupload and Rapidshare.

Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance

2. juniR

juniR Guest

You need an application called winrar. You can create various different types of archives using it. It's commercial software but there are *cough* cracked versions about.

3. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Another tip is to make sure to run the .rar file (or if that is not available, then the very first number, i.e. r00...)

Also the .r00, r01, r02 things are not the actual ISO files. You put the file into the archive to save space. (sorry if you already knew that, but as you phrased it as "split those files" I thought I'd better just check.)

4. KTAS

KTAS Member

OK thanks for the advice but I know how to extract it. What I want to know is how to get a .iso on my hd segmented for upload to hosting sites such as MU or RS.

A 4GB .iso on RS or MU is in about 90 different pieces. What I want to know is how to split my 4GB .iso into those 90 or so bits

5. varnull

varnull Guest

simple really.. when you launch winrar and add files you will see an option to "split archive" into bits of XXX size.. for RS and other places you will need to say 100MB and will end up with one hell of a lot of pieces.

6. juniR

juniR Guest

Yeah - nobody actually talked about extraction m8 - You use winrar to extract from archives AND create them in the first place. The simplest way and most basic archive is a single file and you can open winrar and just click the add button & go from there or if wnrar is integrated into windows shell you can right click on any file and add it to an archive from there.

Archives that are split need more specified parameters. Open winrar and explore the options. I suggest reading the help files to find out more specific info.