1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winstaller help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bigfil39, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

ive just installed the 3.03oe c winstaller by hexitnow the problem is ive placed the iso in the iso file in the root of my psp but they keep sticking but worked fine through devhook ive not deleted any thing or changed configuration since the install can anybody help also do i install the recovery and which of the 3 options do i pick or do i use it if i need to go back to 1.5 later

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

the winstaller thread was created for a reason. next time use it. do u have a UMD in? if u wanna recover to 1.5 use 1.5, if u wanna recover to 3.03 OE-C use it.

3. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

i didnt mean to cause any offence i tried changing the kernal to 1.5 which was mentioned in your thread but didnt change anything i have a umd gta liberty city which autoruns i wasnt sure if i needed to delete the update or anything in the conf i needed to change

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

no offense was taken, it just clogs up the front page. Do you have no UMD enabled and trying to play the UMD of the game?

5. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

the no umd is disabled im not trying to play umd i was trying to play iso but they keep freezing or not loading but worked fine through devhook so the iso cant be damaged

6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Ok so you have iso files in the ISO folder, NO-UMD is disabled, you also have a UMD in when trying to boot these games correct?

7. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Exactly what happens....black screen or an error? If it's an error please note the error code and post it here.

9. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

the games in mention are smackdown vs raw 2007 which sometimes sticks half way through the game or at the start get the black screen the other is a snooker game which sometimes gives me an error mess and code but i dont know what the code is ill try it again today and let u know

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well the smackdown sounds normal i think that is a game that just has problems on newer devhook versions. If they both worked on earlier version of devhook go back to the one u had before.

11. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

the game is world snooker chal2007 which has just given me a black screen

12. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

13. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

im probaly getting u confused smackdown didn,t work on devhook i think the game was newer than the firmware 1.5 but the snooker did but the smackdown does with3.03 but only so far then sticks

14. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

when u play games on devhook ur not in 1.5 anymore, ur psp actually boots a newer firmware. anyhow it mite just be a problem with that game and this particular firmware.

15. bigfil39

bigfil39 Guest

well thanks ayway for the help ill keep trying