1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinTV cards

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by vrchangng, Oct 6, 2005.

1. vrchangng

vrchangng Member

Hi all. Hopefully this is the right forum section for this one. I recently picked up an older WinTV card from a friend, and I havent been able to get any software to work quite right with it. The card is the Hauppauge Computer Works WinTV pci card, with a Conextant Bt878KHF chip on it. the big sticker on the tv tuner box (on the card) says WinTV 61111 Rev AM. I have installed WinTV2000 from Hauppauge, and it doesn't work at all. I currently use PowerVCR II and I can view all video sources (cable and composite), however, I don't get any sound from cable. I have ran a patch cable from the line out on the tunercard to the line in on my sound card (tried the mic input as well), and have had no luck with the sound. I run my PS2 and N64 through the card, and have had no luck getting sound from either one via the cable jack. the line in on the soundcard works, i have verified this with an external cd player. Hopefully somebody can help me out.

My computer is as follows:
    Dell OptiPlex GX1
    PII/PIII 450MHz
    128mb ram
    onboard ATI 3d Rage Pro AGP 2x
    onboard Crystal Audio sound
    6 or 7 gb main drive
    40gb secondary drive
    samsung cd-rom
    no internet or ethernet connections (completely isolated)
    and the Hauppauge WinTV card
    Running Winblows XP (would rather be running Linux, but I haven't a clue how to use it)

If anybody knows of a fix, or proper software, please post a response or pm me. Thanks

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

That card should take generic WDM BT8x8 drivers.
    Have you actually looked on the hauppauge site?
    Have you selected Line In in your capture software?

3. vrchangng

vrchangng Member

That card should take generic WDM BT8x8 drivers.
    Have you actually looked on the hauppauge site?
    Have you selected Line In in your capture software?

I have tried several versions of the driver, including one that actually seemed to find more devices upon the card than others, such as the audio in. on the capture software it automatically selects line in. i started my search on the hauppauge site. they finally sent me some instructions, we shall see if it works. otherwise, nothing succesful so far.