1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiped Xbox Hardrive Can I restore It Somehow?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by iSApache, Nov 1, 2007.

1. iSApache

iSApache Member

Ok first off I stupidly erased everything off my xbox hdd thinking it would unlock it for use on my pc is there any way to restore the hdd or unlock it?if so please reply...

Thank You

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You need the eeprom!

If you can get it to show an error screen in your Xbox, follow my HDD rebuild via Hotswap tutorial!

3. iSApache

iSApache Member

Thank You But I Have a question?....what if i don't have the eeprom?i'm probably screwed right?

4. iSApache

iSApache Member

Hey Man Thank You For That Tutorial Everything is Working Now

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Great to hear, what exactly did you do?

I like for threads to wrap themselves up nicely...

;)

6. iSApache

iSApache Member

well everything worked out fine untill i put it in.....i should have tested it out in the xbox before i posted that everything turned out fine......

7. iSApache

iSApache Member

what i was trying to do in the first place was to unlock the hdd for use in my computer but then i erased everything luckily i had both C and E drives Backed up on my computer sounds like a miracle right...

8. iSApache

iSApache Member

it wasn't.....i made that boot disk like it said in your tutorial and i unlocked the drive but then i thought no it would be easier to ftp things from computer to the xbox drive then go back and unlock it so i reformatted the hdd and created new drive from scratch.then i locked it again and put it in my xbox and i got error message #21 i looked it up in your troubleshooter and it said i had to start all over again....

9. iSApache

iSApache Member

so i made a new boot disk,made hdd from scratch again,locked it up again
    then i put it back in my xbox and i got error message #6...i was what now...the xbox coulodn't unlock the drive...i was pissed so i went back in and tried unlocking it again...and it wouldn't unlock and now that live info program won't give the right password...

10. iSApache

iSApache Member

so then i went back to the files i backed up and looked at a file i had seen before called HDD INFO.txt and it gave me a password so i tried it and it didn't work either(this was in E/UDATA/21585554/000000000000/Backup...

11. iSApache

iSApache Member

I've tried everything i know of but nothing works it just won't unlock...aaarrrrgggghhhhh....zzZZzzzzzZZZZzzzZ

12. iSApache

iSApache Member

Help me if you can....it's 6:25 A.M. Central Time I Am Going to bed.....
    getting up in 3 hours again i'll check back then...thank you

p.s.your troubleshooter is the best i've seen so far

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Passwords are dangerous! Error 6 means it's the wrong password!

In the folder where you found the HDD INFO file is where the real eeprom should be!

Live Info will read the correct eeprom!

I'd say more likely that you've locked it with the wrong eeprom. Use the XboxHDM disc you used to lock it last time to unlock int!

14. iSApache

iSApache Member

i tried that it didn't give me the right password in the first place i had to dig around in the backup folders and i found a file named hdd info.txt and it showed me the password so i tried that one in the first place and it worked...well i tried locking it back after i was done but this time i just used option -a and it locked up then i put it in my xbox and got error message #21 so i started all over again well i used the password it gave me when i chose option -a again and it didn't work so i used the original password and it worked so i recreated the hdd again and locked it again..put it in the xbox and got error message #6 so i attempted to do what your tutorial said on error message #6 and it didn't work...trust me i tried for hours read and re-read your tutorials and even tried a few ideas and they all didn't work.....

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

iSApache

Edit your post when it is the last in the thread. Bumping/post padding is against forum rules.

16. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I NEVER use passwords.

Chances are that you have mis-typed a code into the HDD and it is probably now locked permanently.

You can try using the reset codes which can be found in my 'Unlocking' tutorial.

You MUST only use the eeprom.bin files and the 'lockhd -a' command. If you are typing anything else, you are playing with fire!

17. iSApache

iSApache Member

i used that mhdd it unlocked the hdd and supposedly disabled the security (unlock)-(1)-(XBOXSCENE)"Done"-(dispwd)-(1)-(XBOXSCENE)and it said "Done" i booted it up xboxhdm to see if it really was unlocked i went to xbrowser and it said the hdd was locked....i'm going to throw the hdd away seeing as i've wasted too much time on one project...thank you for all your time and effort...your tutorial was very helpful