1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WipeDrive Pro

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Weycraze, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Hi guys & gals,

I'm at wits end trying to format a buddy's HP Pavilion 7955. I've performed the usuall steps required for installing XP Pro. Insert the disc, power off, boot up on the disc, delete the primary, make a primary, format, and install XP. ( even did a little diagnostic debugging to no avail)

Here's where I totally loose my wits and marbles, the registry just isn't clean and in its pristine state, this machine is remembering things (mostly little quirks) and has entries it shouldn't have after a format.

So I giggled around (googled) and came across WipeDrive software.

I would like to know if any members here have used this before, what you think of it, and mostly, did you get the cleanest install of a fresh OS after using it?

Any comments and support would be much appreciated!!

Thanks a Bunch,

Weycraze

2. bkf

bkf Guest

Had to be an HP. If you do a FULL fromat on a drive there is nothing left. Sounds like the HP has a protected restore partition. Check the user manual. Hp is really good at doing this.

And don't waste the money. There are plenty of free programs that will do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  3. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Thanks bfk,

Do you know of a way to remove these hidden partitions, because any software I have says there's one and only one partition.

Believe me, I wasn't spending any money on software, just paying my monthly ISP bill is my way of purchasing "free"wares.

Suggestions on free apps would appreciated.

The shitty part is is that buddy didn't have the restore disks, so I've taken the liberty to open her up and inspect the guts.

The motherboard says P4B-LA ( an ASUS board ), go to Asus and all they list is a P4B board for the chipset drivers. Nice one!!

Any ways I'm still trying to conquer this little devil!!

Thanks,

Weycraze

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Give me a chance to read the on-line user manual. It will be interesting to see if you can put a retail copy of XP in that monster. This has been talked about before and the people said it was a real pain. It's almost like they write that data with pen and ink so you can't mess with it. I had an HP so I know what it is like. I also have an Asus now and their great mo bo's

5. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

I'm gonna try this one first;

http://www.killdisk.com/

I've already found all the drivers I need, I'll be working on this on and off for the next few days.

I'll keep you posted on progress and if I conquer it.

Otherwise, it's get'in the trusty o'l driver(my golf club!!)No pun intended!!

Git'er Done!

Weycraze

6. bkf

bkf Guest

Otherwise, it's get'in the trusty o'l driver(my golf club!!)

Don't ruin a perfectly good golf club, just take it out back and shoot it.