1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless 802.11b Problem!! HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MannyF38, Dec 30, 2004.

1. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

i have a wireless router and a wireless receiver which is on my computer and i seem to loose connection or signal every certain amount on minutes am not sure what it is i tryed everthing diferent channels and stuff i know telephones and microwaves can interfear but none of that is an issue here, also the part where i bothers me the most is when i connect to a FTP and am DL no more then 2 mins it cuts me off everytime,anyone got any suggestions??

2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

I had this same problem, the way that I fixed it was disabling the network bridge and 1394 connection. Go to your Network/Internet Connections and right click them and just select disable. That worked for me, i don't know if that'll work for you but hopefully it will.

3. comprun

comprun Guest

i had that same problem to.so i called the company and they told me to update my firmware on the router so I did and it works fine

4. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

update the firmware? what do u do just download program on to the main computer or how did u do it ?

5. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

yea and i have both of them disabled.....

6. comprun

comprun Guest

um yeah im pretty shure thats how i did it..............dl it to the comp and then it worked