1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Ethernet Bridge - How to set it up?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yoclick, Feb 3, 2007.

1. yoclick

yoclick Member

Hi all,

Up untill last week, i had a D-Link DI-524 wireless router and a Belkin F5D7330 Wireless Ethernet Bridge setup and was happily going onto Xbox Live. This was untill all the electricity in my street cut out for about a minute, and upon switching back on, i've never been able to go back onto live.

I've tested the Router and Bridge, and both are working perfectly so there is definatly no hardware problems. I remember having an absolute terrible time trying to get it setup in the first place, and think i was just playing around and LUCKILY managed to get it to work.So been back trying to sort it out, and im lost again.

What i've done so far is reset both the router and bridge, resetup the router and accessing the internet through it on this computer perfectly and on a laptop wirelessly. Now when i plugged the bridge into my computer, i used the support CD to set it up. It asked for an IP Address - for which i made one up which isnt being used on my network, 192.168.0.225. It also asked for subnet, for which i put in 255.255.255.0 and finally it asked for the router ip, which is 192.168.0.1. There is also a WEP key, so i went to the Belkin setup screen through an internet browser, clicked to join my routers network, and input the key and it was highlighted (therefore connected).

Now i plugged into the Xbox 360 and choose manual setup. Type in the above values into the same fields and fail at IP address. However, if i put in a new, seperate IP addresss, and for Gateway type in 192.168.0.225, it passes IP test and immediatly fails DNS. If i set it to automatic, it changes the ip address to something like 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. Very random lot of numbers :-s

Please help me. I've been sitting here for at least 4 hours and my head is throbbing badly!!
    Thanks

2. imgr81337

imgr81337 Guest

if you're doing this to get xbox live i just did this: xbox360---ethernet cord---laptop(((((((router. the ethernet cord from the 360 to the laptop makes a LAN connection. then you go to my connections and select that LAN connection and the wireless connection and right click and click bridge connections.

3. starchy

starchy Regular member

When I do that then it says an error occured while try to setup network bridge???