1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lynnh, Jan 19, 2007.

1. lynnh

lynnh Guest

Hi all
    I am pretty new to this wireless, it took me a month to set up a wireless connection to my laptop, via router and main computer. It worked ok for a week or 2 but now the wireless keeps disconnecting itself and reconnecting itself on the laptop every few minutes or so, it's a right pain especially when i'm trying to search for something on the net or trying to download. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP!!!! it's real frustrating

2. xbocker

xbocker Guest

You might have to tweak your wireless card. For more info please visit http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp which is a newly built computer forum site. NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

well i can think of a few things that might do thet
    1. you have security enabled on your router and did not put that information in your laptop's network settings. I had a wireless gaming adapter that would show a signal, then nothing, then a signal again because i did not correctly set up the connection with the security from he router.
    2. that you may need to eneable network sharing on your PC's internet connection.