1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Network Adapter Not Seeing Router

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jazo132, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Hey all. I have a problem with my wireless network adapter for my Xbox. It can see other wireless networks (such as the next door neighbor's and a couple others), but it can't see my network. My router is downstairs and I am upstairs with the Xbox, but that shouldn't be a problem since I'm seeing other networks that are even farther. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Jazo

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

make sure wireless is turned on in the routers settings and make sure that your routers firewall is set to allow that to connect.

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Yea, I've gone through it all, even called the support for the router and the Xbox, but nothing has seemed to work.

4. billz

billz Active member

maybe get a range expander or move your 360 closer

5. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I thought that was the case, but my router has pretty good range and if I see other connections a few houses down then it should at LEAST see mine downstairs.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

what kind of router is? and what model?

7. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

My router is a D-Link DIR-625

8. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Oh and one more thing to add. I put the Xbox downstairs around 10 ft. from the router, and still the same thing happens. I'm pretty sure it's not a router problem either because my laptop upstairs sees the router easily.

9. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Any suggestions anyone? I'm not even sure if my router is compatible with the Xbox, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

10. billz

billz Active member

what color is the light on the wireless adapter green or red? Is your network encrypted? is your ssid broadcoast turned on?what brand router do you have ?

11. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

The light is green. And, I know the SSID Broadcast is turned on because I see the wireless network with my laptop upstairs.

12. billz

billz Active member

what about encryption ? any ?

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Are you on a 360 or original? What are you using to connect to the router? The M$ usb adapter?

14. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I am using a 360 (considering this is in the 360 forums) :), but yes I am using the Microsoft Wireless Networking Adapter. I'm not sure about the encryption thing, but if I'm not sure doesn't that mean that it's not encrypted? Is there a way to make my router into the correct format or something for my Xbox?

15. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

go down to your router and press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds (Note: All settings will be changed to default)type in 192.168.1.1

Username is- password
    Password is- password

I may be wrong, it will say on the bottom of your router though.

Then setup a WPA-PSK password under security. and click finish and scan for the network with your 360.

Post back if you need more help.

16. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I did all of that...didn't do anything though. The problem isn't getting into the connection, it's just finding it.

17. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

try hard wiring your xbox to your router.

18. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

The TV is too far from the router to reach with my cord.

19. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I got it. Your router is wireless N correct? Make sure it will accept wireless g and b signals by typing in 192.168.1.1 in your address bar.

20. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Okay, my friend is on the router computer right now. As soon as he gets off I'm going to try your suggestion. Thanks.