1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless network hacking!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cap_pro, Sep 10, 2007.

1. cap_pro

cap_pro Regular member

hey look, i have an ad hoc wireless network that requires a WEP network key, my friend recons its unsafe...so

can any1 explain to me how i can try hack my network using my laptop which is running xp... or point me in the direction of a wireless network hacking guide.

dont swamp the post with "hacking is illegal" because in this case its not and pls dont start adding in links to programs to boost security i wanna hack my network 1st b4 i start protecting it.
    thanks

2. jordangsu

jordangsu Member

Try reading up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(software) for how to test your own network for security flaws.

I dont think there is much you can do to secure an ad hoc wireless network. If you really want a secure network then get a router and set it up to not broadcast the SSID, use the craziest WEP you can think of, and setup MAC address filtering. Even this isnt 100% protection, but it will keep out most of the point-and-click hackers.

3. cap_pro

cap_pro Regular member

the more i have read up on ad hoc networks the more i wanna hack one, their is a guy at the bottom of my road with one... can any1 point out a link to guide me through the hack process... and no i dont care if its illegal *(but to be honest im doing it to see if i can and not 2b malicious)

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- WEP, ouch, that's about as safe as a chocolate fireguard

NO. if you want to do that sort of thing go find it on the internet, most of us would rather keep our networks secure and keep out hacking tikes. Plus XP was built to pretty much allow itself to be hacked stupid all on it's own, again, about as secure as that fireguard

prepare to be swamped, as i say, most of us don't like hacker kiddies

that's your story and you're sticking to it right ?. And i'm Santa Claus

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  5. cap_pro

cap_pro Regular member

k seriously now. *and i may sound like a tool raging out at creaky but this is not personal this applies to every1 with the same mind set*

The fun behind hacking is the same as that of building a model aircraft, or completing a puzzle. It is no so much the hacking that apeals but feeling you get when you over come a challenge, which ties hand in hand with the proud feeling that you know a little more than the average joe.

since the time of my 1st post here i have been crawling inch by inch toward the goals of my 1st post, i have read guide after guide! some usefull some a waste of eye sight. But what gets on my balls is that any1 who knows (OR EVEN THINKS THEY KNOW) even the slightest about hacking acts like a pompus prick.

now i understand that their is no joy in being bugged by a noob, but seriously i have never asked to be guided hand in hand, i would just apreciate a direction to start with. And on the note of noobs, if your reading this you were once a noob yourself so please get over the name calling cause being called a noob is not really an insult it just means i have only just begun the set challenge in question.

and seriously wifi hacking is not the stuff of dreams i have learned its rather easy provided you can find decent reading material (which is extremly hard to find) so why not share abit of your knowlege!

because seriously if your such a big bad hacker your system should be untouchable by a noob like me! and if it isn't your input would prob' not help anyway.

6. club42

club42 Regular member

Not the point. My grandfather got his identity stolen over the internet because he didn't know any better. Yes I consider my home network to be pretty secure, but I waist a lot of time to make it that way because I could have someone like you living next to me. I suggest you take some college courses when you can and learn some legitimate uses for your computer.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Good answer, however i doubt it's the sort of constructive answer our original poster wants :)

And to that i say, 'tough'!. The internet is a huge place full of info, asking on these forums how to hack someone else's network is a big no-no. Go elsewhere to find the answers if you really must be a 'l33t hax0r'.

8. cap_pro

cap_pro Regular member

hehe ye look,

i have never been out to get other users so the sorry bout your gramps. also i dont mean to stir the pot, but i have a business next door to me and living in south africa high speed internet is rather pricey also the lure of an un-capped line is really driving me.

this site is really sound, i'm really mainly in it for the psp forum so i wont intrude further on the comp forum.

but seriously if a business is leaving themselves open surely its not a cardinal sin of the pc world to kinda exploit that. I have no big dreams of becoming the worlds most netorious hacker, and in my opinion wifi hacking barley classifies as hacking.

so lets all relax and i'll post if/when i am able to use the business uncaped line.... i mean seriously UN CAPED!!!

9. jordangsu

jordangsu Member

good to see you finally admitted your true intentions. Wasn't that much easier than making up lies?