1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless network, repeat

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hwalsh01, Jun 25, 2007.

1. hwalsh01

hwalsh01 Member

i have a slight problem, due to some insulation and other things my wireless network does not get as far as i would like. i have a wireless router in the house providing the internet and initial wireless signal. what i would like to know is can i use my other access point to function as a repeater, my other access point is a mentor wlg-ap/uk, if anyone has any help or tips it would be appreciated

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

I'm not certain if that model of machine can serve as a repeater or not, and I couldn't find a conclusive answer via google. So what I reccomend is buying a dedicated Repeater/Range Extender. Linksys makes some nice ones, which have a realatively easy set up and once that is done they require nothing more than power.

You can pick these up either at your local circuit city or Wal-Mart. But for the best price, I reccommend using either Newegg.com or ZipZoomFly.com and searching for Range Extenders.

3. hwalsh01

hwalsh01 Member

i would but im pretty short on money, i also have a spare router, which if i could connect wirelessly to the other would be great and an asus wireless ap wl-330. if i could use either wireless adapter to pick up my exiting signal and feed it to my other router it would be ideal, can anyone suggest how to do this