1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless network set up

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ade007, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Ade007

Ade007 Member

I would like to set up a wireless connection for a laptop I just got. I also have an old desktop pc connected to my cable modem now. The problem is I think I may have spyware on the desktop. I won't be sharing files with my pc. In fact, I will only use the internet on the laptop until I get a replacement desktop. Can I still do the wireless setup? I just got the laptop and I would like to use it.

Also, which wireless router is the best, linksys, netgear or d-link and can they be mixed?

Thanks

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

You can still setup the network. The only thing is when you set it up just makes sure that the internet connection is connected for all computers but do not share any folders. If you share folders this is how the virus will spread throughout the network.

3. Ade007

Ade007 Member

thanks for your reply. Thats great to here. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to set up my laptop connection.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

No worries glad to help. Just make sure you do not share any folders and install anything from the infected PC. :)