1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless network works, but internet doesn't

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by KirkhamJ, Feb 18, 2007.

1. KirkhamJ

KirkhamJ Member

Ok here's the problem: I have a wireless network giving internet to two other computers. Computer A is connected to the wireless router. Computers B & C receive their internet from the router wirelessly. Computer A recently stopped receiving internet connections, but Computers B & C still get their usual internet signals. I have tried changing every setting that I know of to get the internet working.

Oh by the way, I'm using Computer B right now!

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Maybe trying by running everything off the default settings off your router and see if that brings back the net.

Note that this may make u loose your connection all togther.

3. KirkhamJ

KirkhamJ Member

Where do you find the default settings? We are using 1184 Dell Wireless Broadband Router.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

uninstall computer a's wireless net card & restart windows so it can load driver. ran into that problem with a customer's pc wired card, appears to be alright but not connecting. uninstalled & restarted got computer back on the net.

5. KirkhamJ

KirkhamJ Member

It's not a wireless card in computer A, it's an Ethernet card... only the other two have wireless cards. It's a new computer and I don't dare mess with it. The internet is going in and out so I have a little bit here and there, its not completely dead.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

could be a driver issue, could be a bad cable, could be netcard is dying or could be port in router is dying.