1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Networking Problems with Dell Dimension 8200 & TIVO

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ramneesh, Feb 4, 2007.

1. ramneesh

ramneesh Member

Hi Everybody,
    I'm a psychiatrist - not very good at computers.
    I am having problems with my Wireless network. I use Netgear Rangemax WPN824NA Router & a WPN11 Wireless USB Adapter ( for my upstairs Dell Dimension 8200- RAMBUS memory desktop ) & also a TIVO.
    I cannot connect to my upstairs computer or my TIVO since ( I think ) I started using Vista RC 1 on my main computer ( DEll Dimension XPS 3),. I know I was being too adventerous in using Vista. I get a message that my wireless network has been detected but there are NO incoming packets as my "packet scheduler " is not working )
    I have done all that a novice can do ( I have WEP key- have gone online to Netgear to configure router etc. ).
    Any advice for me please? Thank you.
    Regards,
    Ramneesh

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, i have never used Vista myself, just do not trust it quite yet or agree with the whole policy they will follow. (buy the base and pay us for add on's and updates)

My only suggestion would be to dump Vista and go back to either XP or XP Pro. Unless of course someone here who has the RC1 can help out.