1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by danny565, May 15, 2007.

1. danny565

danny565 Guest

Hi

I have just finished a complete new install of windows on my acer aspire laptop and i am having trouble setting up my wireless connection, if i try to connect with a dynamic IP address it just stays at "acquiring network address". If i use a static IP address it connects to the router but with no internet conection (all protocol settings are correct). if i use it wired it works fine and i know the wireless from the router is ok cos i have tried it with another laptop. Anybody got any ideas?
    The reason i had to do a complete new install was because i was having trouble with my keyboard and touchpad not working when windows booted up (keyboard worked in bios), Im still not convinced my comp is fully working so is there a program to test my motherboard and hardware?

Cheers

Danny

2. Rejected5

Rejected5 Member

well, first of all, are you using a WEP or WAP key...

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Try reconfiguring the settings but this time do it automatically. go to the wireless network section and double click on it and then type in your security password and see if it connects everything.

4. YesYou

YesYou Regular member

When you reinstalled stuff on your laptop, did you happen to update the wireless driver or have the correct driver installed?

That might help solve the problem...