1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Ps2!!! Help Please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cltcam, Jun 3, 2004.

1. cltcam

cltcam Member

I recently bought a Ps2 v9 online bundle pack with the DMS mod chip in it. I also have the ps2 online adapter and the linksys wireless station for the ps2. But when i try to set up the connection is says it couldnt verify with secea company. Iam using the origanl boot cd. Is it b/c i have teh dms i cant setup the connection.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Do you use a router to share your internet?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Also, did it say the connection was successful but it couldn't verify with SCEA?

5. cltcam

cltcam Member

Yes, I have a router, i have a computer home network. Most of the tims is says it can not find the network but once it went throughbut couldn't verify with scea.
    I also have the linksys G set.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I don't know the specifics of your router but try the following: Test the wireless connection by using it on a PC and see if the PC can get Internet. When you get that working, move it back to the PS2. To work with the router verify that the firewall is off. Try reconfiguring the PS2 with a static TCP/IP address in the same network as the rest of the network. Check the settings on one of your computers and use the same three numbers for the beginning but change the last. For example, if your PC uses 192.168.1.16 use 192.168.1.100 or something like that. Just make sure that the last digit isn't being automatically given out by your router first. If your connection is working but it still can verify SCEA info, you will have to forward TCP and UDP port ranges 10070-10080 to the IP address you configured for the PS2 and for some games, allow ICMP (ping) reply. For the SOCOM headset to work, you will also need to forward UDP range 6000-6999 to the PS2's IP address as well. Again, I'm not familiar with the specifics on how that router is configured, just that you need to make those configuration changes. Start off simple if you want and try to configure router to forward all traffic to the PS2's IP address if you like but in this configuration, your PC(s) will not get Internet.