1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless router problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chess0990, Jul 18, 2007.

1. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

i have a sprint 645 series modem and a linksys BEFW11S4 Ver.2 wireless 4 pin router, every time i go to set it up with or without the linksys instruction the computer doesn't connect to the internet and my psp and ps3 cant connect either.

Do any of you know how to set it up?

thank you for any help you can give me...

2. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Try updating your router firmware and other stuff. To check settings for your routher go to a computer and run cmd.exe, type in "ipconfig" without the "" remember the gateway IP, then open a internet browser and type in the info in the url bar. Login to your router usually the user/pw is admin and blank. Also try the companies website for updates for your router.

3. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

i have updated both and think it has something to do with my settings

4. whompus

whompus Active member

Your going to need to set the modem as bridge and the router for PPPoE.
    To set for a 645m series I had to.

1. Click on the "Start" button and select "Run". Type the following command: "telnet 192.168.1.1" Then, click on "OK".

2. You will be prompted to enter a password, the default for the Zyxel 645M is: "1234". After typing the password press "Enter".

3. The Main Menu for the Zyxel 645M should appear. First you will need to access menu 1. Type "1" followed by the "Enter" key.

4. The General Setup screen will be displayed, the default configuration of the device (Route/nat mode) has Route IP set to Yes, and Bridge set to No.

These settings will need to be reversed in order for the modem to function as a Bridge. Press the "Enter" key until the cursor is next to Route IP. Then, press "Space Bar" to toggle the setting to "No". Press "Enter" until the cursor is next to Bridge and toggle the setting to "Yes".

5. Press "Enter" until the settings are saved to ROM and you are returned to the main menu.

6. Access menu 4 from the main menu to display Internet Access Setup screen.

The default Encapsulation will need to be changed to "RFC 1483" (using "Space Bar" and "Enter" keys as in step 4).

Single User Account will also need to be changed to "No".

Press "Enter" until changes are saved to ROM.

7. Access menu 11 from the main menu to see the Remote Node Setup screen.

Enter node number 1 and press "Enter" to proceed.

8. In the Remote Node Profile, verify that Active is set to "Yes". It will probably be necessary to toggle "Route" to "None". As well as "Bridge" to "Yes".

Press "Enter" until the message "Saving to ROM" appears and you are returned to menu 11.

9. You will be returned to menu 11. Press "ESC" to return to the main menu.

10. From the main menu type "99" and press "Enter" to exit the session and you're done with the setup of the Bridge.

You will then need to go into the setup for the router and change it to PPPoE.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  5. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

thanks for the help