1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless server

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xcp, May 4, 2005.

1. xcp

xcp Member

ok this guy owns a hotel and needs a wireless server put in. He wants me to do it. What he has is a Dell poweredge 2600. He wants it to be wireless to all 150 or so of his rooms. Kind o0f like one huge hotspot for wireless computers. I want to know how to do it because I have never done anything like this before. Please help me.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is there computers in the rooms presently or the guests bring their laptops?

3. xcp

xcp Member

the guests would bring their own laptops.

4. ddp

than they either have to have their own wireless pc cards or you supply & setup 1 for the duration of their stay & get back the card when they check out.

5. xcp

xcp Member

ok i knew all this but i need to know what parts to get to make the whol hotel wireless. He is willing to spend alot of money.

6. ddp

you'll need 150 plus 15 spare wireless pc cards for laptops. 1 or more wireless routers to handle 150 computers. you'll have to check out how many pc cards a router can handle. if using cable than either get the highest speed or get a t1 service as you'll need the bandwidth for 150 computers