1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless trouble

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by timbaker7, Feb 21, 2007.

1. timbaker7

timbaker7 Guest

hello im step daughter is have ing trouble with her wireless she is useing belkins wireless card we have servise every where else in the house she keeps geting a limited conectitivey , or an great singal and connected , but the web sites will not connect to the internet if u can help i would be greatful
    thanx for your time tim
    i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  2. dss3m

dss3m Member

Hi timbaker7. We need more information about your setup. Example: Are you trying to transmit through walls, upstairs, glass or whatever the surroundings are. What model numbers are the wireless router, wireless access cards? Do you have security setup correctly? How much of range are you trying to cover?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no email posting as per forum rules above, post edited

4. timbaker7

timbaker7 Guest

we are trying to send it from the basement where my pc is at to the 2nd floor to her pc there is one window by her pc the range is about 50 ft the model number s i dont know and it is not
    secure

5. KayCeeee

KayCeeee Guest

thats a lot of area, check the about of distance the router can cover first and then get a good estamite on how close it is