1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

witch DVD-R discs are the best?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by k3nta, Oct 23, 2004.

1. k3nta

k3nta Member

I bought some platinium DVD-R 8x and it wont work so well.. it worket one time and no more.. ive tried to adjust the laser but it wont start.. but when i insert a Apple DVD-R it works perfect.. so i wonder witch is the best?

2. rowdan

rowdan Member

If you read more of the forum youll find that "RITEC" is preferd by most here

3. MrToast

MrToast Guest

many kinds of media out there but you should burn slower and use 4x discs if you can, you can still find low speed media for around .50 a disc at major retailers if you try... I have never used RITEC so I cant say they are good or bad... I use mainly memorex... but have used sony, verbatim (hate those), mitsui, maxell, RCA, etc and I think memorex worked best for me... One thing I do know is that if you can get discs made in Japan they are better than taiwan... I am using Some Sony brand that was on sale at best buy, 50 for 27.99 and made in Japan... 15 games or so into it and no problems...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do it right anytime, everytime-[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

i've never used ritec, i use verbatim, the digital media ones, they work just as good as an original game disc for me, i love'em, memorex i've only been able to get the dvd+r's to work, and not very well.

5. rowdan

rowdan Member

i thnk as long as its a brand name and not the spindle of 100 thats on special and has a blank silver top you should be ok

6. jmhessie

jmhessie Member

you can read pc max magazine and it has an article on dvd's dDO NOT USE DVD-R ONLY DVD+R. ALL DVD SYSTEMS HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE DVD-R's BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY WERE MADE..

7. jmhessie

jmhessie Member

you can read pc max magazine and it has an article on dvd's dDO NOT USE DVD-R ONLY DVD+R. ALL DVD SYSTEMS HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE DVD-R's BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY WERE MADE..

8. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use the yellow Datawrite Classic 4x DVD+r. Never had a problem yet.