1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

witch wiikey to buy

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by hack01, Feb 12, 2008.

1. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I had a few questions about the WII.

1. Whitch WIIKEY the the best to use and the easiest to install to play WII backup games (dont care much for anything else like downloads or N64 games)

2. Is there a way to test if its modded w/o a backup game(any indication that the mod worked).

3.If your WII brakes can you take the WIIKEY off so you can send the WII back to NINTENDO for a replacement/repair.

4.Is there a certain model year or any cartain thing that I have to look for so I know that the WIIKEY will work.Just asking because XBOX360 needs a cetain drive and/or year to use the mod flashing.

Please let me know as to I like to buy one,but just need more info about buying it.

Thanks to all that reply w/help.

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

WiiKey Chip can be installed on all board versions up to D2B serials LEH100 to LEH134, Wii versions with serial numbers begining LEH135 and higher than this you will require the d2ckey.

Functionality wise there is no difference, its just one works with the later models.

I have the WiiKey and it works fine, if there are any game issues, then updates can be easily loaded via DVD update, I bought a new pre-chipped console from same supplier that has done all my consoles (PS2,XBOX,3600 all in UK.

I tried fitting a Matrix chip to a PS2 and it was a nightmare, had to get it repaired, personally I wouldn't ever try fitting a chip again especially when it only costs about £30 to get it done 100% with guarantee.

If you already have a console, then you can the chip fitted and get 6 months warranty on the unit, if you buy a pre-chipped unit, then they will come with a year warranty anyway, trouble with latter option is the stock level.

3. hack01

hack01 Regular member

you know where I can buy a prechiped system.I would buy the whole unit other than going threw the trouble of doing the modding myself.The backing up the game is easy.I modded my xbox360 and backup games that thay wasnt hard.Just the soddering part that sux.

4. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

if in UK PM me, as forum rules mean I can't mention any names in a thread

5. juniR

juniR Guest

Pre-modded systems are in short supply because Wiis are still in short supply. There are plenty of places that do sell 'em when they are in stock. Those that do sell pre-mods will also mod them as well if you can find your own Wii.