1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Witch will be hacked 1st,79FL OR BENQ

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by hack01, Oct 11, 2007.

1. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Just as the title states. Does anyone have any insight what has the better advantage of being flahed 1st. Dont want to soldering anything. With my luck Id prob just break it.

2. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I believe both will require some form of hardware modification to allow you to access the drive to flash it once the firmware is released, so they will require a hardware mod to enable you to flash them.

3. hack01

hack01 Regular member

So I would still have to solder it.

4. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Yes, I believe so. From what I understand it should not be difficult if you were able to mod PS2s (generally most difficult system to install a modchip on, especially the earlier chips) you should be ok, but without experience in this department it may be a bit tough.

5. hack01

hack01 Regular member

thats why. no experience in this department for me

6. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Well you can do two things. You can try and find someone to do it professionally when the time comes (or now to have a new, flashable drive spoofed). You can also spend a few bucks, head over to radio shack and by some various components on the cheap, and practice soldering. Its what I did to learn a few years ago. Spent about 50 bucks on wasted wires and whatnot but got comfortable and now I am confident in any modding projects I undertake and haven't ruined anyting expensive yet!

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, the PS2 is the hardest console to date to solder a mod chip in and that's due to it's small solder points.

[​IMG]

But really, I think soldering a switch in to the Benq drive would fairly do-able for a novice.

[​IMG]