1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIZKID!!! please help...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by budd94, Dec 9, 2002.

1. budd94

budd94 Guest

Hello Wizkid...I have the MAGIC2 installed on my PS2. It plays ps2 backups just fine, except for ps1 backups...I have made some ps1 backups
    and the process went fine, I used Record Now for both ps1 and ps2 and both processes went fine...but only ps2 backup will play.
    I tried using cdNow yesterday-on the fly. 1x1 but at about 80% it got spoiled, and I did not have any other application running.
    Hey Wizkid...have you used the CDRWIN 5.0 it's from a new company "german company" should I used it.
    I am really thankful to your help or anyone elses help.
    Budd

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Okee,
    First i have a messiah chip and didnot copy any PS1 games (sofar).
    I use cloneCD to copy CD based games.
    Have you tried CloneCD ?
    That's the only thing i can tell you right now.

I only copy PS2 games...

3. augie101

augie101 Member

Go to gamegizmo.com and get the boot up directions for the magic 2 chip. Booting ps1 games is different from the ps2 games.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Try this:

PSX games

Press EJECT button to switch on the machine.
    Insert PSX game in tray, then press and hold RESET button to switch off machine.
    Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button once you see the first power on screen on your TV. ie hold RESET button for like 4-5 seconds
    Your PSX game should now boot. (If it shows the PSX game as an audio cd. This means that you didn't hold the RESET button long enough.)

To start your PS1 backups is a bit different from starting a PS2 backup.

5. roberto30

roberto30 Member

WIZKID i have another question 4 you : i can't copy ps2 games with cloneCD he say that my reader doesn't support it but with all the other cd's he does (pc games and psx games) do you really can't copy ps2games with cloneCD ?????

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2002
  7. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Yes you can copy CD based PS2 games with CloneCD. However CloneCd is not compatible with all CD (DVD)-writers.
    I guess you have one Clonecd can't write to.
    You can find these compatible writers for CloneCD at:
    http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/a.html

You can use another prog. to burn your CD based PS2 games.

8. roberto30

roberto30 Member

no way cloneCD can copy everything accept ps2games (gta 3 , the only one i have tried yet) he sad that my reader don't support it but with pc games he does ! i already heard that cloneCD can't burn ps2 games only psx and pc.

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look I've copied about 30 CD based PS2 games with CloneCd (in combination with ClonyXL).
    First check whether the original PS2 game you want to copy is a Compact Disc (CD) game or a DVD-rom game.
    With CloneCD you can only copy the CD based PS2 games with a regular (compatible) CD-writer to a CD-r.
    I guess you tried to copy a DVD rom game with CloneCd and got the error: writer/reader doesn't support it...
    You can find out whether the game is CD or DVD on the back of the case or on the disk itself.

10. lithium

lithium Member

hey wizo

im havin trouble with clony xl
    it keeps saying "WNASP132.dll not found
    plese install the aspi driver..."

please inform me as to what i should do

11. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  12. burnt83

burnt83 Guest

hey wizkid i notice your fixing everyones problems but im not sure if you can fix this one. anyways i installed the v7 ps2 no solder modchip and i have no clue how to use the magic boot disc. i also have gameshark but im not sure how to use that either. anyways from www.gamegizmo.com where i bought the chip they give you instructions on how to use the magic swap discs and here lies the problems.

Boot up the Swap Magic 2 "CD" disk.

Wait for the PS2 to boot up until "Insert Disc" message appears on the screen.
    Now hold the "Eject" button until the power indicator turns from green to orange.
    The CD tray will open, Change the Swap Magic 2 disk with your PS2 CD game disk.
    The CD tray will close within 3-5 seconds.
    After the CD tray closes press "X" on your controller, your PS2 backup will now load.

after i boot up the magic boot disc and wait for the "insert disc" messege and hold eject button for over 3 minutes, nothing happens... the power indicator never turns orange and the disc tray never opens. if you can help me wizkid id be grateful!!!

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

In what country do you live ?
    Did you get the Swap Magic Pal or NTSC ?

14. lithium

lithium Member

hey wizkid,

im back. and thx for ur help. I have another wuery though. i have recently acquired some copied ps2 games and heres the thing. 2 games that dont work on my ps2 (magic 3 ultra chip) work on my friends ps2 that has an older chip that requires a boot disc. why is that so and how can i fix it?

15. emosucks

emosucks Member

as a responce to the cloncd not working with ps2 dvd games.... the company that makes clone cd is working on a version that is called CloneDVD which, suprise, works with dvds but im not sure when its due out

16. underdug

underdug Member

Hello Wizkid - Please help me!!!

I installed a Magic 2 in a Ver 7 machine and it will start ererything, but freezes within a few minutes. I have seen wiring diagrams for putting on off switch on a Magic 3, could anyone help me find one for a Magic 2? Thank you so much.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2003
  17. emosucks

emosucks Member

you could always do what i do...... when im not sure which wire will turn it off...... i put switches on all of them