1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wizkid_ please read

Discussion in 'PS2' started by josebusa, Jan 20, 2003.

1. josebusa

josebusa Member

hi i seen you have the same setup as i do,i have a hpdvd200 dvd writer, and i have a ps2 model scph-30001 and i have nero, my ps2 is unchipped,could you please tell me what i have to do to get my ps22 to play my dvd+r backups??my ps2 does not recognize dvd+r media right now,any help would be great or maybe a link to where i can purchase what i need to get it going,thanks

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried to backup a movie with your DVD+R Media? That is the best way to test your PS2 if it can read your media being unchipped, seeing a movie backup will play without said chip. Are you in the US or overseas? This will help in suggesting which place to go to for a modchip. Either way I would suggest a Magic 3.1 or Messiah. Dex

3. josebusa

josebusa Member

i am in the us,and my ps2 will not read dvd+r backups,i have a couple dvd backups that will not play at all,just get disk read error,thanks for the help

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

To play copied DVD games you will need a mod that boots copied DVD games like Messiah (2) or Magic.
    The choice is yours, they are both good mods and direct boot.
    some info on the Messiah 2:
    http://www.thechipshop.org.uk/Messiah2_v7_Install.pdf

I think you should get the Magic 3.1 with the clip so you only have to solder a couple of wires. If you don't know how, bring your PS2 to an experienced person to do it for you.
    Once you have the mod, you will not regret it.