1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wlan enabled shuts pc down

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by neilcolt, Sep 25, 2011.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Hi,i have a acer aspire 5532 and i discovered that when it booted up and got to log in page it then rebooted itself.I have windows 7 64 bit on this laptop.I have later found with a bit on investigating that it is the Wlan,if this is enabled it shuts the PC down.I have it disabled at present and i am using a LAN .I have also discovered that if you go to the device manager and under network adaptors that there is of these WAN Miniports enabled.I have these disabled also now.
    I wonder if it the driver for these clashing with my WLAN on my laptop clashing.I do get the blue screen before the laptop shutsdown.
    I have wan miniport (IKEv2),Miniport (IP),miniport (IPv6),mimiport (L2PT),miniport (Network monitor),miniport (PPPOE),miniport (PPTP),miniport (SSTP).
    I have tried to delete these WAN Miniports but it will not let me.
    I have never created that i know of a VPN which i did hear can cause these miniports???

Advice appreciated to what these miniports are and how to delete them if i need to.
    I have the laptops WLAN and all these miniports disabled at present so i can still use the Laptop.

I have AVG and malwarebytes installed and no problems that i can see.

thanks
    NeilC

2. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Basically if i enable the WLAN via device manager it goes to blue screen and shutsdown.It keeps rebooting until i go into safe mode and disable it again.

3. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

it could be a faulty WLan card, or it could be that its just come loose.

on the bottom of the laptop there are a few hatches, underneath one of them is a Card looks sorta like this

[​IMG]

take it out then put it back in.

4. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

go to safe mode then go to device manager and uninstall the wlan then reboot and see if the system reboots