1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WM9 .wmv DRM Protected. I own the 30 day license! How can i keep this file working?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pjalaska, Mar 3, 2004.

1. pjalaska

pjalaska Member

I´ve downloaded a WMV video and acquired its license. I can still watch it, but only for more 25 days.

How can i keep this wm9 drm protected file working indefinitely? Will i have to rip it to another file? How can i do that? Will the sound be ripped too? Which software should i use? Please, any suggestions are extremely welcome!!! Thanks in advance

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can try Converting it to another Format Like AVI...I use a program called "Stoik Video Converter" to convert WMV/ASF Files to AVI but I have a Feeling that you Might not be able to Convert DRM protected Files but it is Worth a Try and after your Lisence is up you will not be able to watch the File as I do not think there is a way to Crack the DRM as of Yet but I"m sure they will find a way at some Point ...Good Luck

3. hkusp40

hkusp40 Member

4. ptitlu

ptitlu Member

Hi,
    thanks for your answer HKUSP40, but could you please tell us more about your "capture solution" ?

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Playing the movie again after the license period is up would be piracy now wouldnt it? ;-)