1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wma divx conflict , help!!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by LostPuppy, Mar 21, 2004.

1. LostPuppy

LostPuppy Member

ok i download this AVI file and i cant play the audio , so naturaly i figure its a codec thing. so i fire up GSpot and try to figure out the problem. GSpot says i have everything to run it , so i try to render, and it gives me an error , one that i have seen many a time before. says there is a conflict with wma and divx sound. it also says i should unistalling divx , well i have tried that , as well as a bunch of different players and i still cant hear the sound. i searched the forums and turned up nothing.

normaly after trying so many things i give up , hoever this time i want to watch this avi damn it !!!

any ideas how i can get the sound to play? anyone else every have this problem???

here is a screen cap from GSpot on the details of the render...
    http://davinci.newcs.uwindsor.ca/~wilso3e/error.html

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

uninstall all your codecs/packs and download the latest fddshow, awsome bunch of codecs done by a group that knows their shit

3. LostPuppy

LostPuppy Member

fddshow ah , alright , off togoogle it , i'll tell u if it works

4. LostPuppy

LostPuppy Member

ok i fixed my problem by installing k-litecodec pack 224. not only did it fix my audio problem but it also fixed the gitteryness of other avi's i had. just thought i would mention in cass someone has the same problem as me and searches the forum.

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

alright good youve fixed it, but just a warning if you have any other codecs installed on ur system k-lite codec pack will cause conflictions, and also install only the codecs you need with from the pack, installing all will diffenatly cause a codec conflict