1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wma to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jimbobin, Jan 30, 2005.

1. jimbobin

jimbobin Member

hi i am trying to convert some wma's to mp3 but the wma's are copy protected. can any one help.

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

3. delafoo

delafoo Guest

There are simple audio recording programs (for your PC) that can record any audio that goes through your sound card... encrypted or not, it will save it as unencrypted... a plus.

See http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/154058 for info on where to find these.

bb

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I dont really like those programs, as they usually can't output to any good formats, or you have to pay to be able to do more than 1 minute, or your volume was too low when you recorded it...
    I just recommend the most digital ways of doing it. If the way I recommend doesn't work, then try his, or whatever order you prefer. I also found an older conversion program that could directly convert these weird-ass mp3s that showed up as wmas everywhere else (Nero, for example). It also converts regular mp3s and wmas, as well as a few other codecs like ogg.

5. jimbobin

jimbobin Member

cheers thanks