1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMASF.DLL

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by hCgrinds, Jun 29, 2007.

1. hCgrinds

hCgrinds Member

i dont know whats wrong, everytime i open itunes, windows media player, or msn mesenger a box appears and says the file could not be found....

i downloaded it form ddl-files.com and put it in the C:/ > windows > system

along wit the other dll files but i still get the error... where else could it possibly be located?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Put it in system32.

C:\WINDOWS\system32

3. hCgrinds

hCgrinds Member

yeah sorry i meant to say i put it in system32, not on system .... so what should i do?

4. whompus

whompus Active member

It can not simply be placed in the folder and work. The version of the dll file has to be registered in the registry. Whatever version of the file you put there will have to be set in the registry under

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    Microsoft
    Multimedia
    Components
    Installed
    Playback_Wmfsdk
    Files

Your best bet for getting it back is with a reinstall of mindows media player. The only way I can think of at the moment to do that is from your windows cd if you have one. Or from a network instillation of sp2 you can download from Microsoft.

5. hCgrinds

hCgrinds Member

hmm i see, i already re-installed windows media player 11, and the installation could not be completed because it said that file was missing! =( anything else tha might work?