1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem WMC streaming loses connection after a few mins.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by richietea, Dec 12, 2014.

1. richietea

richietea Regular member

Guys for some strange reason media center has now decided to drop connection while streaming anything.Nothing has been changed,have kept the same settings as always,but now it just drops back to the connection screen.Using "phat 360" streaming via ethernet to the Sky hub.Reset all ip addresses,changed cables,deleted extender and created a new one.All outbound traffic/sharing is fine,services that are needed are set to Automatic.Scanned for any viruses,trojans.Absolutely nothing,no new software was installed but rolled back Win 7 home prem anyway.Tversity i hate so have opted for a free edition of Serviio.This software builds my library and streams great even pesky .mkv format.I'm happy using this to stream via xbox system video player.However i hate being defeated by this nonsense.Can anyone shed any light on this? Has anyone experienced this before? All help greatly appreciated.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

personally i use universal media server to stream to ps3 and it works great but i don't think i can play mkv on ps3.
    Its free if you wanna have a go with it.

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

Very very similar to ps3 media server,which i have used before.However it seems this development was taken to the next level and offer more support and compatibility.Have used plex but its very cumbersome since i don't want channels to watch just stream what i have on expansion drives.I will give UMS a bash though.Thanks..