1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP audio problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ferrisweb, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ferrisweb

ferrisweb Member

Last week I installed then unistalled 3 program designed to transfer flv files to avi files for use on my Creative Zen mp3 player. The 3 programs didn't work right so I deleted them.

The next day when I went to listen to my NPR podcast that I get every day it played at super fast speed on WMP. Confused, I reinstalled my Juice program that downloads the podcasts. That didn't do anything. Then I upgraded from wmp10 to wmp11. Now the podcasts didn't play at all. WMP recognises the file name on the player but won't play it. However, another podcast that I get plays fine. Also, any albums ripped to my hard drive still play fine. So, some mp3s play, some don't on wmp. ALL files play perfect when NOT using wmp. Realplayer still works fine.
    Also, wmp files, such as the movies taken with my digital camera, now only play the video not the audio on wmp.
    Then yesterday I noticed yet another problem. When using IE websites with video, they only play the video and not the audio. Sites such as cnn.com and yahoo.com. Audio on sites like youtube is fine. The only time I use IE instead of Firefox is for sites like CNN that don't support Firefox.
    I've tried system restore and it said "no changes have been made to your computer". But something has.
    So in conclusion, anytime WMP audio needs to be played for the reasons discussed above I get no audio. Obviously one of those programs I deleted also deleted something that wmp uses to recognize these files. I don't know what I deleted or how to find or fix this problem.

Please, please, please help me!
    My computer is only 2 months old and I've already screwed it up.
    Thanks.

2. ferrisweb

ferrisweb Member

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone? Please...