1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP11 doesn't detect xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kaydash, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

Hi. I've been battling with this problem for days now. I got my pc and xbox both connected to a router. The pc and xbox used to connect to eachother perfectly then one day it just stopped working. I deleted the connection and tried to make a new one but now my WMP11 doesn't want to detect the xbox in the media sharing tab and my xbox doesn't detect my pc. I have tried the deleting the DRM folder stuff and disabling re enabling stuff in services but had no luck. I also tried putting off my firewall etc. I have bitdefender, i just tried gamer mode or manually closing it and everything connected to it in task manager. Help would greatly be appreciated

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

if you have an aim i can help you i wrote a tut and posted it but the pics are messed up idk why

3. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

oh no i only got msn and gmail. will see if i can make a plan. Thanx a million

4. steimy

steimy Active member

have you looked under the support section at Xbox.com? I am sure they have tutorials for getting everything set up and running. You can use that to make sure everything on the new connection you made is what it should be.

5. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

hey thanx. checked there already though, didn't help =(

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Sorry, just putting the idea's out there. I really do not use my 360 to stream media as i have a regular modded Xbox and with XBMC it is a WAY better multi-media machine then the 360 is. Possibly one day the 360 will catch up but for now it plays games well and that is about it.

have you already run the media connection test under the network settings? Just to see if it gives you an exact cause of the problem.

7. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

I enjoy watching anime and listening to music on my xbox, and it's really iratating putting em on flash disk all the time. Yip ran that scan, just halts at pc selected. I'm meant to select a pc in the media blade under one of the selections. But my xbox won't pick up my pc so i can't select it T_T

8. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried uaing any other programs to make the connection like TVersity or ORB instead of WMP11? Not sure it will make a difference but surly will not hurt anything either.

9. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

yip, thanx but no luck...

10. steimy

steimy Active member

well, the only other thing i can even think to do would be to start at step one and go from there. By running the network wizard, making sure your network is set up on the PC correctly, making sure you mapped the drives correctly and all that.

Not sure if you have any but firewalls and some anti-virus programs can also tend to block stuff like that from working.

If you have a router you check all your settings on that as well and make sure you have your ports forwarded and everything else.

Wish i could be of more help. I am decent with networking but only in a hands on type of situation. If i am sitting there looking at stuff then i can usually spot what the problem is. Usually it is some small setting somewhere that causes stuff to go wrong.

11. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

Tried all that aswell hey. No luck. Do you have any one on one chatting programs like msn or googletalk? Think it would be easier if we chat through that

12. steimy

steimy Active member

IK have MSN but without actually being at the source looking at what is going on i would really not be much more help. Like i said above, i can fix stuff but only when i am at the PC doing it myself. I have tried giving help over the phone to friends and family and it just doesn't work well.

have you looked into possibly getting a hold of a networking program that may fix it, like Network Magic?
    http://www.networkmagic.com/

If you look around you may be able to "aquire" a copy somewhere.
    I am pretty much out of any useful idea's at this point.

13. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

Tried network magic, no luck...oh well