1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wmp9

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Nov 20, 2014.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Using XP PRO with wmp9. I am aware that the player can record FROM a cd, TO a cd, with burning software and a burning drive, and record the built in radio tuner. My issue is that I am ignorant as to how to record FROM cd and radio, and when done how to find what I recorded in order to play it back. In addition the radio tuner does NOT open despite the fact that the player does. "CANNOT FIND INTERNET CONNECTION" which is NOT true. When I open the radio from my browsers bookmark, the tuner appears as normal. Only the SAME tuner appears, NOT the entire player, as would be the case if the tuner would open from with in the player as it used to. I am also using RADIO SURE as a back up. Works well. RADIO SURE has a RECORD button but I have no idea as to where it records TO or how to find what it recorded.

Back to P9. How do I record from the CD ROM drive in P9, find what I just recorded, and play it back. The player has many built in PLAY LISTS, none are labeled to indicate recently stored recorded files. Also where are the tracks recorded TO? Stored within the app, or moved to the hdd? Being WAV files I prefer they be stored in the app. I do NOT have burning software/hardware, and have no intention of doing so. I have a VCR and OPEN REEL to record from my sound card. Much simpler. I am old school. You do not want to know how old I am.

Since the radio tuner needs to be opened from the browser, can I still record radio from the app's tuner? If so the same questions apply. Can I IMPORT the RADIO SURE signal into the app and record THAT tuner? Same world wide stations are available from both tuners.

Lastly I am still looking for either a "FREE" all in one app to replace P9 with all the same functions, or 2/3 apps that let me RECORD CD, RECORD STREAMS, like radio, and find them stored IN the app as MP3 files to play them IN the same app or if needed an associated player as long as the files are auto transferred to the player. So far the only app I found useful was from NCH SOFTWARE. The software was touted as FREE, only to find it was a TRIAL download. I hate that. Classic bait and switch!. I NEED a truly free app(s) to do this if P9 is not up to par although I think it is if only I knew how to use it. All advice welcome.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

using windows media player (any version) you should be able to put a cd in and bring up the tracks info and rip the cd.not sure about the radio settings and any time ive asked for help with anything to do with windows media player ive been told to use media monkey instead.
    wmp.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

winamp should be able to do the lot,rip & play radio & possibly record

audiocoder if you just want to rip cd's to whatever format & wherever on the hdd

i don't want to have to install radio sure to find out where files go,every software has settings that can be adjusted find that & you'll find the default location,there's mention of it in their forum

http://www.radiosure.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=395

edit:audiocoder can trim front & end or cut a segment if required after cd is ripped plus many other functions its free as in no trial crap,audacity is another,you should be able to get 32 or 64 bit versions & installer or portable versions