1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV Playback Help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lord7788, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lord7788

lord7788 Member

I convert all my tv episodes to a wmv format using the program VLC. I do this so that I can watch my shows through my xbox 360. The videos play perfect on my 360, but today, I decided to watch one of the shows on my computer, and I had no audio. I tried it on my 360 to double check, and it was perfect. Why would my computer (playing through windows media player 11) not be able to play the sound of a wmv. I listed the settings I use in my batch file for VLC conversion. Please take a look, and post any suggestions.

"D:\Program Files\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 --sout-ffmpeg-qscale 1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,scale=1,acodec=wma,ab=96,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=asf,dst="C:\John Doe - Season 1\John Doe - S01E10 - The Mourner.wmv"}}

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

Try a different format video (avi, mpeg) in Media Player and check if you get any sound with that. If you don't get anything the problem will lie somewhere in the audio settings of the PC.

3. lord7788

lord7788 Member

All other video plays with sound, including the original movie file of each tv episode I converted to wmv. it is only the converted wmv's that don't play with sound.